Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kidnapping of shannon matthews by her mother Karen Matthews could this happen here

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Candie wrote: »
    What was the name of the programme, anyone? I'd like to catch it. I remember the case very vividly, hopefully it's on catch up somewhere.

I think what the OP is trying to say (without saying it) is that you shouldn't automatically believe some women who claim a child is in danger, and that they are probably the danger themselves.

I'd rather act first and assign blame later when a childs safety is in jeopardy.

The Moorside

What was the name of the programme, anyone? I'd like to catch it. I remember the case very vividly, hopefully it's on catch up somewhere.

The Moorside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dxvc0

Saw the first episode, didn't bother with the second.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

that is scary thought .I have Come across people like karen Matthews who tell a lot of very dangerous rumors/falsehoods about people she even convinced a mob out side a innocent families house this house was burned down she convinced the mob and guess what her nickname was in the area Karen Matthews she all so a very long history of making false report to the police /garda did she get done for wasting police /garda time no and if other with the same mind set see this and you can play the victim we have a great chance of the likes of Shannon Matthews happen here in Ireland.

You know a lot of dodgy people OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Slovakia is ripe for it, too. And Denmark.

Definitely.

Not Malta though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

pilly wrote: »
    You know a lot of dodgy people OP!
    There is lot of people with the same mind set of the Gimp Karen Matthews In Ireland Male /Female playing the victim card and it works so I think 100 per cent that Ireland will have a case like Karen Matthews in Time. I do Know off a lot dodge people but I do not mix with them that is the difference and as I dont live in bubble like a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

There is lot of people with the same mind set of the Gimp Karen Matthews In Ireland Male /Female playing the victim card and it works so I think 100 per cent that Ireland will have a case like Karen Matthews in Time. I do Know off a lot dodge people but I do not mix with them that is the difference and as I dont live in bubble like a lot of people.

Never said that you mixed with them but I think your focus is too much on the bad in our society.

You'll wreck your head if you go around wondering what situations could occur in Ireland in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I think what the OP is trying to say (without saying it) is that you shouldn't automatically believe some women who claim a child is in danger, and that they are probably the danger themselves.

I'd rather act first and assign blame later when a childs safety is in jeopardy.

didnt work out so well in this case ,

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/girl-taken-from-dublin-family-over-identity-concerns-1.1569292

Advertisement