Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 26going80

Any advice on how to study for Modules 1 and particularly 3.
    Did any of you get a tutor?
    Tried the last 2 years but didnt get on great

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cannex

Have a look at the SAT's the american college exams, there are websites that have loads of previous exam questions for free.
    If you go to the MSAP website you can download for free, example papers. I would also recommend downloading the example papers that you pay for too because you'll get a general score if you submit your answers, that can give you a better idea of how you'll do in the real exam and there's lots of info on how to answer the questions properly.
    And finally there are always mock MSAP exams held by PLC Colleges around the country about a month or so before the real MSAP. google Pre-MSAP exams. You'll get feedback on the mock papers telling you what you need to work on and you'll have exam conditions.

I didnt do part 3 but you can download example papers for 3 as well.

Hope that helps
    ps I did quite well for the above reasons ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 17 snowflakesrule

The pre-msap is the way to go. Set a reminder about that and google it after you put in your CAO application - you will find out when and where your local one is being held in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 19 26going80

Thanks guys, will do all of the above, i think module 1 is workable but module 3 seems very difficult
    didye do 1 and 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Helpish

cannex wrote: »
    Have a look at the SAT's the american college exams, there are websites that have loads of previous exam questions for free.

Are there any in particular worth checking out?

When did everyone really begin to study for this? I'm pretty much about to prepare to knuckle down now but am unsure whether I am way out of my depth. Will definitely have to tackle some sample papers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement