Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a need for room-stats if every radiator has a thermostat?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

am i going to regret this

room stat is connected back to the boiler to turn it off when it gets up to temperature
    TRV just shuts off flow to the rad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

TPM wrote: »

room stat is connected back to the boiler to turn it off when it gets up to temperature

why and how and when :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

not the same thing then? - if the rad trv's reach temp and then shut wont the boiler thermostat reach temperature and switch off the burner anyway?

wheres me feckin popcorn

jimf wrote: »
    wheres me feckin popcorn

i dunno, try looking behind the settee ....

• Advertisement

not the same thing then? - if the rad trv's reach temp and then shut wont the boiler thermostat reach temperature and switch off the burner anyway?
    what a bout the cylinder, it could keep circulating through it
    or if it has a motorised valve the pump could end up pumping against a closed circuit.
    you save more fuel by shutting off the boiler with room stat

but why would anybody hide their popcorn behind the settee andy

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Rads will shut off but burner will keep firing just to heat boiler on its own until it reaches temperature therefore using oil unnecessarily

would you not hide it behind the sofa :P

from that film you watched the other night? - saving whats left for next time :)

• Advertisement

would you not hide it behind the sofa :P

you say tomatoes .. i say tomatoes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

You cannot have TRVs and Room Stats in the same room. Two separate devices trying to control the same parameter (heat) will be a clusterf*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

what a bout the cylinder, it could keep circulating through it
    or if it has a motorised valve the pump could end up pumping against a closed circuit.
    you save more fuel by shutting off the boiler with room stat

Doesn't the pump do that anyway with the pump run on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

All the questions Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

youtheman wrote: »
    You cannot have TRVs and Room Stats in the same room. Two separate devices trying to control the same parameter (heat) will be a clusterf*ck.

But this is Andy from Sligo attempting to break records for starting the most threads in a year.:D. And most of his threads are a bit nonsenseical:).

Is Andy really from Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I personnel prefer rad tvr's over what is normally 1 sat downstairs and one up stairs in hall.

The boiler is on a timer to come on in the evening and morning. During this time the rooms heat up only to their desired level (that is bedrooms low and living areas higher).

Yes, if all rooms are to their level the boiler will continue to run to maintain the set temperature, but with good insulation between boiler and house I find this minimal and rare. Also as said boiler is on timer only for a few hours each evening.

Obviously acurate temperature sat in each room, working together could be more efficient, but what is the cost of this done properly? Because sats in hallway only, or two rooms only is useless in my Joe soap user opinion

youtheman wrote: »

well the heating engineer who done our house couldnt have received the memo cause we have a rad in the kitchen diner (ooh sounds posh that) with a TRV on it an a roomstat in the same room :)

But this is Andy from Sligo attempting to break records for starting the most threads in a year.:D. And most of his threads are a bit nonsenseical:).

ah well its free to ask innit?;)

just got to look up the word nonsenseical....

Is Andy really from Sligo?

Sligo is what it says on letters that get delivered to our house every day ..... :)

maybe I could change it to Andy in Sligo one day if I could be arséd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

is there a need for room-stats if every radiator has a TRV?

All professional members recommend bringing your wife to the pictures on a Friday night, after posting our professional (members) opinion.
    93% of voters are in the photo.

I'm happy Andy's in Sligo

Professional members, what special qualifications does one need!

Kris, thats a , Bit hipericotical after 10,000 posts yourself I think. :confused:

Leave our buddy Andy alone.

Or else me buddy will alter your posts to a sad three.

well the heating engineer who done our house couldnt have received the memo cause we have a rad in the kitchen diner (ooh sounds posh that) with a TRV on it an a roomstat in the same room :)

Well now you'd be able to telll him and how room stats are not really for kitchen diners.

gary71 wrote: »
    Well now you'd be able to telll him and how room stats are not really for kitchen diners.

Yes, if I would ever get to see the plumber/heating Engineer who put the central heating in our house I have a plethora of questions I would like to ask him lol :D but I doubt I will ever find out who he is or if I will ever meet him. Honestly to be honest its shockingly done really , and that's even me not being a heating engineer but even I can see where things have been done so wrong on the system! ... It works though( in a fashion, ) so that's something to be thankful of!

gary71 wrote: »

Your telling me, the roomstat in the kitchen/diner ...you start cooking, kitchen diner gets hot... Turns off roomstat ...rads in other rooms on the downstairs go cold because roomstat has reached ! .... Grrrrr....

Your telling me, the roomstat in the kitchen/diner ...you start cooking, kitchen diner gets hot... Turns off roomstat ...rads in other rooms on the downstairs go cold because roomstat has reached ! .... Grrrrr....

Now yer sucking diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Just turn it up by a few degrees when cooking.

• Advertisement

Download the justeat.ie app on your phone and live on take aways.

Advertisement