Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Wilton

Options
  • 01-03-2017 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Is there a need to many stores opening up if you ask me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Could you give us that in non-Cork please? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

It's the cork page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

vince wrote: »
    Is there a need? Too many stores opening up if you ask me.
    degsie wrote: »
    Could you give us that in non-Cork please? ;)

I've fixed OP's post there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

It is going to cause chaos with the traffic there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Where in Wilton will Aldi be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Where in Wilton will Aldi be?

Are you on drugs? There is already an Aldi there and the thread is about Lidl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Dial it in lad, don't let Lidl Aldi wind you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,320 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Haven't being in the area in ages. What's the current status of the store development?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Haven't being in the area in ages. What's the current status of the store development?

They've started work on the old forecourt site across the road from the Aldi premises. The two empty bungalows just behind will be demolished shortly, if they're not already. This is going to cause untold traffic mentalism there, particularly with the stupid bollard situation, which means you can't turn right into Aldi from the Bishopstown side. I'll probably still go in the other direction and get my odds-and-sods in Big Dunnes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I'm amazed it got planning as Bishopstown is a notoriously difficult place to get anything done because of planning objections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Planning doesn't appear to be any issue for them, lets face it they they got it for Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Andip wrote: »
    Planning doesn't appear to be any issue for them, lets face it they they got it for Douglas

Do you mean Lidl? Permission has not been granted yet for the proposed Lidl. The application has been submitted. There will be an opportunity to object.

Premission has been granded for a "discount retailer" on the cinema site (along with other commercial premises) but no one seems to know if there is a specific candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Do you mean Lidl? Permission has not been granted yet for the proposed Lidl. The application has been submitted. There will be an opportunity to object.

Premission has been granded for a "discount retailer" on the cinema site (along with other commercial premises) but no one seems to know if there is a specific candidate.
    The site has been completely cleared and substantial work started there a few weeks back. There are diggers and various vehicles on site every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

What site I assume bishopstown as nothing being built in douglas apart from kfc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

ofcork wrote: »
    What site I assume bishopstown as nothing being built in douglas apart from kfc.

There's a LIDL/Aldi (on of them) going into the field at the corner of Church St/Carrigaline Road

The march of Lidl and Aldi seems to be incessant.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,451 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is going to cause chaos with the traffic there

Yes the traffic is awful at the moment so going to get worse

The site has been completely cleared and substantial work started there a few weeks back. There are diggers and various vehicles on site every day.

Nope, not for Lidl (Douglas). Their appl. is for Barry's field. You may be referring to KFC development; on relief road where dancing school was located.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Nope, not for Lidl (Douglas). Their appl. is for Barry's field. You may be referring to KFC development; on relief road where dancing school was located.
    Theyre talking about the thread topic; the site in Wilton.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Theyre talking about the thread topic; the site in Wilton.

This thread is begining to resemble a Russian misinformation campaign.
    I was replying to a comment that seemed to incorrectly contradict my earlier post about Douglas.
    But yes, let the thread be confined to the Wilton discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭TheChizler

???

Talk about what you want but people were mixing up the two locations.

It's Wilton. I passed the Lidl site this evening and there were diggers working there again. I thought there was something in many planning decisions that prohibited working on a Sunday??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Between this development, and what they are currently planning for the shopping centre, Wilton / Bishopstown is going to become the next Mahon Point in terms of ridiculous traffic.

Between this development, and what they are currently planning for the shopping centre, Wilton / Bishopstown is going to become the next Mahon Point in terms of ridiculous traffic.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

The obvious answer is to get rid of the right turn lanes up Wilton Ave, Bishopscourt Rd and Merlyn Lawn, turning the outward into two lanes again. It's absolutely insane to force the reduction of 2 lanes coming up from the Shopping Centre, down to 1 lane. The greater good should come first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

vince wrote: »
    Is there a need to many stores opening up if you ask me

They've more than likely done their market research to show that there's a gap for them to open there. Simple as really.

I reckon that having the two opposite one another (Aldi & Lidl) will help both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I reckon that having the two opposite one another (Aldi & Lidl) will help both.

Co-location seems to be a new strategy for Aldi and Lidl whether it's deliberate or otherwise. East Wall in Dublin and more recently Tralee have Aldi and Lidl almost across from each other. I guess savvy bargain hunters with time to spare might do a shop in both in the same outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Whats being planned for the shopping center? First time hearing about any development for it since before the crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Somebody has got their facts wrong. I was out in CUH yesterday and the construction signs are for a Pedeatric unit for the CUH, not a Lidl store.

Advertisement