Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biggest lies in tv

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

When driving at nighttime it's easy to make out the drivers full face from the hue off the satnav screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Why doesn't anyone in cooking or baking shows wear hats to cover their hair. In any kitchen they're a requirement even if you're bald as an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They just order ''a pint'' and the barmaid knows exactly what brand it is. Also, there's a shocking murder every other year, crime stats must be through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Quazzie wrote: »
    Jack Bauer has amazing bowels and kidneys because he never goes to the toilet

He goes during the ad breaks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

When the FBI realise some heinous crime is about to happen, they never notify the local police who would be there in minutes, instead, the FBI agents who made the discovery while in their office will be the first on the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Senna wrote: »
    When the FBI realise some heinous crime is about to happen, they never notify the local police who would be there in minutes, instead, the FBI agents who made the discovery while in their office will be the first on the scene.
    I think the first time I saw that not happen was in the film Manhunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A murderer/serial killer will move into your street at least every 12-18 months.

Characters suddenly "pop out for a while" in the middle of dinner / bedtime etc with no explanation. Partner asks no questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The X Factor

/End

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

24-Legacy-featured.jpg

Its not Jack Bauer anymore. Though some call him "Black Bauer" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Eastenders is 'great drama'.

• Advertisement

snowflaker wrote: »
    people with very modest incomes living in huge homes

+1000

Is it any wonder I am dissatisfied with my teeny-weeny apartment when I grew up watching Rachel, a waitress and Monica an out-of-work chef renting a humongous apartment in Manhattan?

The Simpsons are meant to be poor but they live in a 4 bedroom detached house with back and front garden and a garage, which is a ten minute drive to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,106 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Motorcycle helmets are almost never fastened.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There are no supermarkets in Australia,peoplr can't buy cereal etc.everyone in Summer Bay has to go to the diner to get breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Enhance.

Zoom.

Enhance.

Zoom to the top left.

Can you enhance?

b58.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anything with a computer involved is usually 99% wrong.
    +1000

Is it any wonder I am dissatisfied with my teeny-weeny apartment when I grew up watching Rachel, a waitress and Monica an out-of-work chef renting a humongous apartment in Manhattan?

It was rent controlled, the rent was locked in at what Monica's grandmother paid like 100 years previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

learn_more wrote: »
    Eastenders is 'great drama'.

I'd say Eastenders is more likely an anti-immigration export tool, due to it's dismal nature, they can't even bother to put a couple of studio lights in that bland old pub.

They need to take some notes from CSI Miami which has abundant multi-coloured gel lighting rigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Every scene is a mix of confrontation, fighting and arguing.
    Poeple just walk up to each other in the street and straight away it's 'oi you leave it out!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Anyone can become a Mechanic, Plumber, Builder without going through an apprenticeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

They never watch soaps on the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ED E wrote: »
    24-Legacy-featured.jpg

Its not Jack Bauer anymore. Though some call him "Black Bauer" :pac:

Been watching the latest episode of that. There's an arms dealer. To make sure we know he's a bad arms dealer he has a scar running down his face, is missing an eye and has blue prints of weapons on the walls. The blue prints all appear to be of bog standard rifles. Why the fcuk would an arms dealer have his walls plastered with blueprints of rifles? Doesn't he know what they look like?

And now I'm watching a scene where someone has walked in with 4 coffees. Everyone picks one up. Doesn't add milk or sugar and slugs it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Turtles can order Pizza if they wear trench coats and detective hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

All spare time is spent in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He never has to eat or drink anything either. Some man.
    In Home and Away, everyone has an iPhone and perfect teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If it's 20 minutes into an episode and you're questioning a suspect in a murder case you can absolutely badger the hell out of them without the lawyer present, this man, will inevitably turn out to be innocent and sent on his way, sometimes with a glib remark from the Detective. Looking at you CIS and that small, bald detective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The weather forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

SuperS54 wrote: »
    They never watch soaps on the TV

They do in The Royle Family :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

RTÉ use our license fee to provide quality programming to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,318 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They never eat the food in their plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

If someone has something dramatic happen, they decide to pick up and leave on a whim. Jumping in a taxi without any plans of where theyre going.

• Advertisement

+1000

The Simpsons are meant to be poor but they live in a 4 bedroom detached house with back and front garden and a garage, which is a ten minute drive to work.

Drake and Josh .. 2 and a half men ... it seems as though the producers of these American tv shows think the viewers wil only want to watch if the characters live in conditions of total abundance with enormous amounts of space in their house. Afair, Drake and Joshes bedroom was the size of a large house itself!

Actually, that reminds me of another lie on tv:
    Character loses enormous amount of body weight in between seasons and nobody comments, even though if it was in real life the dynamic between the characters would then change.

Advertisement