Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

fin12 wrote: »
    There was no mention in the info booklet they sent out when you applied afaik

It says in the email about the actual assessment that HBS recruit reserve the right to invite candidates to undertake a further supervised assessment. Results from the supervised assessment take precedence over those from the on line assessment.
    I noticed this, this is why I asked, however from what I can see it's not stated as the next stage? Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Jesus they can't put us through that again

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

jules86 wrote: »
    Did you do your friends or how do you know theirs was so different?

No I didn't do my friends. She done her's in my house cos I have better internet connection and the verbal passages were different topics

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

I didn't do the practice ones as I found them more unhelpful than helpful with PAS
    So the supervised one in pas went much better
    Same with the council ones I did no practice and found it easier
    So I did no practice with this and found them easy enough except for one or two maths questions where I ran out of time calculating
    I find with me if I practice I almost get lulled into a false sense of security and think it'll be easy and I'll be too relaxed
    If I'm mentally prepared to concentrate on something hard I do better
    Weird but works better for me
    When I practice I do sh** lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭everybodyhas1

Just completed mine this morning, I didn't get to finish the numerical there at the end I ran out of time.

When you clicked your links in the email you received you just got brought to samples and then the test, there was no information displayed showing that it was your test with your name/candidate number right? I found that lack of information a bit odd.

Absolutely agree. The link was not well defined. I thought they could do with looking over the emails & revising them. The instructions were not clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

I had to email them because my links didn't work. The links said I'd completed the tests when I hadn't. When I emailed them I got a snippy reply saying they'd reset my links, but to be careful because they wouldn't do it again! I had done nothing, it was their glitchy software issue.

I have to say I haven't been impressed with how this campaign has been run so far.

That's why we are applying we will sort the place out lol

misslemon wrote: »
    I had to email them because my links didn't work. The links said I'd completed the tests when I hadn't. When I emailed them I got a snippy reply saying they'd reset my links, but to be careful because they wouldn't do it again! I had done nothing, it was their glitchy software issue.

I have to say I haven't been impressed with how this campaign has been run so far.

Spelling/grammatical errors in emails, I also had the wrong surname in email.. I actually wondered if it was a hoax as they asked for our pps

PPS NUMBERS ??? why ???

L390 wrote: »
    PPS NUMBERS ??? why ???

I dunno why, but it was in the application form ... wasn't it? I was weary giving it but as it was advertised in Publicjobs I just want with it. Then the emails did little for my confidence... hmmm....

• Advertisement

I dunno why, but it was in the application form ... wasn't it? I was weary giving it but as it was advertised in Publicjobs I just want with it. Then the emails did little for my confidence... hmmm....

So weird how we all got the incorrect second name email too. ...

This is not with public jobs ...

L390 wrote: »
    This is not with public jobs ...

Oh, sorry. A friend just forwarded the link & he had been talking about publicjobs. Either way, I'm prob just suspicious of professional bodies with poor grammar 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Why is it not with Public Jobs? Public Jobs aren't perfect but they run things fairly professionally.

I just can't see why the taxpayer is paying for this crowd of illiterate chancers who blame people for their own mistakes when we already fund the Public Appointments Service to manage, you know, Public Appointments.

I'm getting unreasonably annoyed by this...maybe the idea is to raise our blood pressure to simulate the stressful work conditions of a busy HSE/Tusla department?

misslemon wrote: »
    Why is it not with Public Jobs? Public Jobs aren't perfect but they run things fairly professionally.

I just can't see why the taxpayer is paying for this crowd of illiterate chancers who blame people for their own mistakes when we already fund the Public Appointments Service to manage, you know, Public Appointments.

I'm getting unreasonably annoyed by this...maybe the idea is to raise our blood pressure to simulate the stressful work conditions of a busy HSE/Tusla department?

😉maybe! Ah no, please don't be annoyed. I'm sure it's as fair as can be. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

Well I'm out of this comp. got offered a job on the permanent clerical officers panel in my preferred location. Best of luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 makeupwitch

Congratulations natty_asha, do you mind me asking what region you were offered the job in? I'm in the 50's in one region and in the 20's in my 2nd region, still no sign of a job :/ best of luck in your new job :)
    natty_asha wrote: »
    Well I'm out of this comp. got offered a job on the permanent clerical officers panel in my preferred location. Best of luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

Congratulations natty_asha, do you mind me asking what region you were offered the job in? I'm in the 50's in one region and in the 20's in my 2nd region, still no sign of a job :/ best of luck in your new job :)

Offer for Carlow. Had kilkenny as my other choice but never heard anything from there after stage one.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

Hi all. Do you think we might expect the results from the test on this one shortly? Next week maybe?

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    Hi all. Do you think we might expect the results from the test on this one shortly? Next week maybe?

The 11th, is what I understood the email said.

• Advertisement

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    The results are out on the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Smyth123

Results next Tuesday, not long to wait!! Anyone know if there are many positions in general? Seems nearly as many applicants as for Civil Service CO's but surely a lot less positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Smyth123 wrote: »
    Results next Tuesday, not long to wait!! Anyone know if there are many positions in general? Seems nearly as many applicants as for Civil Service CO's but surely a lot less positions?

Possibly more positions in areas outside of Dublin,

Does anyone know is there many positions in Kildare?

MAC addict wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there many positions in Kildare?

Impossible for us to know, I would suggest looking at the information they gave us with places you could be placed and see how many in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 46 makeupwitch

Did they send this in an email? I'm looking through my inbox and I cant find it, although I remember seeing the list, cant for the life of me remember where lol
    jules86 wrote: »
    Impossible for us to know, I would suggest looking at the information they gave us with places you could be placed and see how many in Kildare

Did they send this in an email? I'm looking through my inbox and I cant find it, although I remember seeing the list, cant for the life of me remember where lol

http://hbsrecruitmentservices.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/NRS04696-Clerical-Officer-Grade-III-Candidate-Information-Pack.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

did people receive a confirmation email once they had completed the online exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

JJayoo wrote: »
    did people receive a confirmation email once they had completed the online exams?

No, I didn't receive anything.

Advertisement