Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lipotrim changed its name to New Weigh

Options
  • 27-02-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I went to my local pharmacy this morning to get my LP and the pharmacist just told me that LP is now changing its name to New Weigh and also have a new formula to comply with new EU laws. The thing is that there is no information online about this New Weigh and as the formula has changed I wonder if any of you had already tried it and what are your impressions. I did and it tastes like sour milk :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MayBride17 wrote: »
    Hi,

I went to my local pharmacy this morning to get my LP and the pharmacist just told me that LP is now changing its name to New Weigh and also have a new formula to comply with new EU laws. The thing is that there is no information online about this New Weigh and as the formula has changed I wonder if any of you had already tried it and what are your impressions. I did and it tastes like sour milk :(

So basically lipotrim must have been complying with eu laws until now. Seriously, how anyone buys into this shjte is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Didn't realise people still use these.

Starve yourself on shakes, lose a load of weight, go back to your normal diet and pile it all back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would check other pharmacies, it may not have changed name but they just might have an alternative and are spoofing about laws & the new name etc, nothing on their site suggest a name change. http://www.lipotrim.co.uk/index.htm

Calling a product "new weigh" is a pretty foolish idea, as it is so hard to search for online. Are you sure that is the name, maybe it is has some stupid phonetic spelling, like nu weigh.

A quick search found this "liptorim alternative" called "new you"

https://www.thenewyouplan.com/Lipotrim-Alternative/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hawteberry

New weigh is similar to lipotrim but they added omega 3&6 and more fibre...few extra calories but nothing major...I'm starting tomorrow on it, just to jumpstart me...mentally I'm struggling to focus once I see the results I know what to do. I was on Lipo 7years ago I lost 3stone 😀and I maintained it 💪until last Christmas...Im just piling up😠 I know is bad food..precisely BREAD❌..

hawteberry wrote: »
    New weigh is similar to lipotrim but they added omega 3&6 .
    Have you any links to the product or makers, or can you even name the manufacturer?

I am still amazed they chose such a stupid name.

If true is sounds like the OP's pharmacist was blatantly lying, I would not be going back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

rubadub wrote: »
    Have you any links to the product or makers, or can you even name the manufacturer?

I am still amazed they chose such a stupid name.

If true is sounds like the OP's pharmacist was blatantly lying, I would not be going back.

No one is lying. New Weigh comes from the Lipotrim company also. Total meal replacement products must now have omegas under EU law is my understanding. Existing users can stay on Lipotrim products. New users can only start on new weigh. So both are available currently.

http://www.newweigh.ie/about/
    http://lipotrim.co.uk/contact_us/index.htm

Note address, contact number etc are the same

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all, as we were contacted by Lipotrim UK, I am posting the below on its behalf:
    There is an Irish distributer based in the Republic who has supplied Lipotrim diet products and maintenance products on our behalf for the past 10 years. This distributer has now formed his own company with new products called NewWeigh, which have nothing to do with the original Lipotrim company, Howard Foundation Research Ltd. (HFR), or its Lipotrim products. NewWeigh is not Lipotrim reformulated and rebranded.

Howard Foundation Research Ltd. (HFR) who own Lipotrim, comply with EU legislation and directives. Any claim that the NewWeigh products are Lipotrim rebranded and reformulated is untrue. The Lipotrim VLCD products and its programme has been available exclusively to healthcare professionals for more than 30 years.

Lipotrim products have an extensive research history and record of safety and effectiveness. HFR’s research has been recognized and commended by the research scientists of the EU SCOOP report on VLCD.

Lipotrim diet is still available throughout the UK, including Northern Ireland (check Lipotrim website) and can still be available in the Republic to people who would prefer Lipotrim. Just ask your pharmacist to contact Lipotrim UK 44(0) 1 223 812812.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,127 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    No one is lying. New Weigh comes from the Lipotrim company also.

Evidently not the case.

Mellor wrote: »
    Evidently not the case.

Seems the people lying are the Irish suppliers, if anyone. Pushing their own product at the expense of original lipotrim. Pharmacies can only pass on information they are given, pharmacies have no reason to mislead.

Seems the people lying are the Irish suppliers
    Once again you seem surprisingly sure/confident of yourself. I genuinely have no idea who is telling lies/mistruths, knowingly or not, someone is, but I am not erring towards one or the other. Could be just semantics/phrasing. If questioned again the OP could say "sorry, I did not literally mean they said..."

This is why I was questioning things, in effect asking for confirmation of what was said.
    New Weigh comes from the Lipotrim company also.
    where did you get this info?

Total meal replacement products must now have omegas under EU law is my understanding.
    ditto?
    Existing users can stay on Lipotrim products. New users can only start on new weigh.
    again ditto? seemed you were/are very well informed. I actually suspected you worked in a pharmacy -or even for the manufacturers.

Pharmacies can only pass on information they are given,.
    they can research themselves, just as any retailer can if a supplier or new supplier comes in spouting claims - no excuse.

I would certainly expect a pharmacist to be far more discerning than say a guy running a 2 euro shop or pet shop who is considering changing products. And if a 2euro shop owner knowlingly lied to me I would be more likely to turn a blind eye, and shrug him off as a Del boy type, a pharmacist -no way, serious misconduct. As I said, the OP needs to clarify, for all I know the "pharmacist" they talk of was a 16 year old kid working in the place, incorrectly wording info others said.

It is no secret that many sales/marketing people are often basically confidence tricksters, conmen, so I would be far less forgiving to hear a qualified pharmacist to have fallen for such a scam -being of presumably on average higher IQ than most shopkeepers -amongst other factors, due diligence etc.
    pharmacies have no reason to mislead
    really?!? do you genuinely not believe any shops have any reason to mislead customers?

If you think pharmacies are somehow different & special please explain why? They may have some regulations but they are basically shopkeepers looking to make a profit.

Many seem to put an odd amount of trust/confidence in pharmacies, as though they are almost non profit organistations, zero interest in profit, and only with your best interests at heart. -and for some bizarre reason, people have trust in those who mainly sell meat (aka butchers but I point it out to demonstrate how bizarre it is, Darina Allen made some laughable statements during the horse meat scandal).

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Once again you seem surprisingly sure/confident of yourself. I genuinely have no idea who is telling lies/mistruths, knowingly or not, someone is, but I am not erring towards one or the other. Could be just semantics/phrasing. If questioned again the OP could say "sorry, I did not literally mean they said..."

This is why I was questioning things, in effect asking for confirmation of what was said.

where did you get this info?

ditto?

again ditto? seemed you were/are very well informed. I actually suspected you worked in a pharmacy -or even for the manufacturers.

they can research themselves, just as any retailer can if a supplier or new supplier comes in spouting claims - no excuse.

I would certainly expect a pharmacist to be far more discerning than say a guy running a 2 euro shop or pet shop who is considering changing products. And if a 2euro shop owner knowlingly lied to me I would be more likely to turn a blind eye, and shrug him off as a Del boy type, a pharmacist -no way, serious misconduct. As I said, the OP needs to clarify, for all I know the "pharmacist" they talk of was a 16 year old kid working in the place, incorrectly wording info others said.

It is no secret that many sales/marketing people are often basically confidence tricksters, conmen, so I would be far less forgiving to hear a qualified pharmacist to have fallen for such a scam -being of presumably on average higher IQ than most shopkeepers -amongst other factors, due diligence etc.

really?!? do you genuinely not believe any shops have any reason to mislead customers?

If you think pharmacies are somehow different & special please explain why? They may have some regulations but they are basically shopkeepers looking to make a profit.

Many seem to put an odd amount of trust/confidence in pharmacies, as though they are almost non profit organistations, zero interest in profit, and only with your best interests at heart. -and for some bizarre reason, people have trust in those who mainly sell meat (aka butchers but I point it out to demonstrate how bizarre it is, Darina Allen made some laughable statements during the horse meat scandal).

If you quoted me correctly you'd see I said 'if anyone' is lying. I agree it's not 100% clear what the situation is with the limited information available.

You seem very anti pharmacist which is your prerogative. I do work in pharmacy but not involved in lipotrim/new weigh. My information was received from a colleague who is a consultant and my understanding is they received the same information from the supplier.

In this situation what do you reckon a pharmacy gains by misleading?? Whether original lipotrim is sold or new weigh it's still a sale.....why would they blatantly lie about this 'scam' as you seem to suggest?

It seems to me that the introduction of this new range has been done in a less than clear manner and *possibly* the supplier has tried to push their own new product at the expense of lipotrim. I must see if I can find out more about it.

Seems the people lying are the Irish suppliers, if anyone.
    If anyone?

I can see no way that at least one group is misleading the others. Maybe more are in on it.
    In your post you said
    New Weigh comes from the Lipotrim company also.
    Which was either an intentional lie or a mistake because somebody lied to you or the Lipotrim rep was lying.

In this situation what do you reckon a pharmacy gains by misleading?? Whether original lipotrim is sold or new weigh it's still a sale.....why would they blatantly lie about this 'scam' as you seem to suggest?
    I would imagine pharmacys are about to run out of stock of the lipotrim range. So it's in their interest to convert people to New Weigh, a product they will continue to stock.
    If they don't they'll lose future sale to UK or online retailers.

Mellor wrote: »
    I would imagine pharmacys are about to run out of stock of the lipotrim range. So it's in their interest to convert people to New Weigh, a product they will continue to stock.
    If they don't they'll lose future sale to UK or online retailers.

Both are still available.

The information given to pharmacies by the supplier was that existing customers can stay on Lipotrim, but new customers were to be provided with new weigh.

The new information that has come to light suggests new customers are entitled to choose either. Whether the supplier will honour this is another thing. I think the main issue here really is a major conflict of interest between a company having their own product, and also being a supplier for a competing product.

Both are still available.
    According to the rep above who actually works for lipotrim, they are no longer supplying them. I'm sure there's plenty of existing stock to work through.
    The information given to pharmacies by the supplier was that existing customers can stay on Lipotrim, but new customers were to be provided with new weigh.
    New customers had to be provided with there product. LMFAO. Trying to mislead people to push your own product, that's completely dishonest tbh.
    The new information that has come to light suggests new customers are entitled to choose either. Whether the supplier will honour this is another thing.
    What new information?
    Anyone was always entitled to buy either. They've no power to tell people what to buy. It's like Pepsi saying to stop buying Coke.
    I think the main issue here really is a major conflict of interest between a company having their own product, and also being a supplier for a competing product.
    I imagine they still have exclusive rights, so lipotrim can't get a new supplier yet.

The whole thing is completely dishonest, and looked so from the start. The assertion, that it's all above board and nobody is lying, was a little odd.
    It's not surprising those companies would do it though. I mean VLCDs are dodgy enough to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AmandaW85

I started New Weigh a week ago. My pharmacy told me it's NOT lipotrim but a very similar product. The packets of New weigh have nutritional info on them as opposed to the plain ones lipotrim apparently used to have. Although some pharmacies still have it. It's being "phased" out. I think it's a great kickstart to get in shape but definitely not a long term thing. I used to eat once a day but now I'm slowly training myself to eat 3 meals and getting into the habit of drinking 3L of water a day. These are definitely good habits that I needed!! Good luck to everyone on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

AmandaW85 wrote: »
    getting into the habit of drinking 3L of water a day

What is with people trying to drown themselves these days? Why pick a water target instead of just drinking when you're thirsty/with meals?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Zillah wrote: »
    What is with people trying to drown themselves these days? Why pick a water target instead of just drinking when you're thirsty/with meals?
    Piddling a daily river is vital to promoting optimal health and fad.

Edit: I bet somebody comes back with 'well toxins something something'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

i think with lipotrim/new weigh/herbalife etc and any liquid diet the water is to stop constipation and physical hunger pangs in your stomach and maybe replaced the hand to mouth action of snacking?
    in general ive been told that for me to stay hydrated to drink 35mls for each Kg of body weight and then for every hours of exercise add on 500ml- for me that used to be about 3 lts (i was very very large) but now its two big bottles of water- i drink when im thirsty, but my dietician also assured me that you get water from food so not to be panicking.
    i guess for someone making a lifestyle change swapping coke and the like for water isnt a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

sandra012345, please don't advertise your stuff. Adverts.ie is better suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lolabella

MayBride17 wrote: »
    Hi,I went to my local pharmacy this morning to get my LP and the pharmacist just told me that LP is now changing its name to New Weigh and also have a new formula to comply with new EU laws. The thing is that there is no information online about this New Weigh and as the formula has changed I wonder if any of you had already tried it and what are your impressions. I did and it tastes like sour milk :(

Hi MAYBRIDE17

Did you stick with the new weigh or go back to LT? I tried the new weigh products but they're horrible compared to the LT stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Micbar

Hi . I just saw you the tread on the new weigh product ,, I to lost 2 stone on the lipo 7 years ago and in the last 18 months I have regained it due to health issues. I would be very interested to hear how you got on as I am on day 2 of the new you and I don't find any difference with taste ,, I mainly have strawberry but I lso took a porridge and a soup to try,
    looking forward to hearing from you... M

can you let me know how you are getting on ???

AmandaW85 wrote: »
    I started New Weigh a week ago. My pharmacy told me it's NOT lipotrim but a very similar product. The packets of New weigh have nutritional info on them as opposed to the plain ones lipotrim apparently used to have. Although some pharmacies still have it. It's being "phased" out. I think it's a great kickstart to get in shape but definitely not a long term thing. I used to eat once a day but now I'm slowly training myself to eat 3 meals and getting into the habit of drinking 3L of water a day. These are definitely good habits that I needed!! Good luck to everyone on it.
    how did you do ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 calice62

Incorrect - LIPOTRIM is a totally different company. The previous DISTRIBUTOR of Lipotrim created their own new programme called New Weigh. To be honest, I've tried the New Weigh sachets and didn't like the weird taste that it has. But since they came on the scene, and with all the confusion of claiming they're actually LIPOTRIM, finding a chemist to get it from has been difficult. And so, unfortunately, I've had to end my programme prematurely. A shame, since I had a great start losing the weight through Lipotrim, and now struggle to get the rest off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

calice62 wrote: »
    Incorrect - LIPOTRIM is a totally different company. The previous DISTRIBUTOR of Lipotrim created their own new programme called New Weigh. To be honest, I've tried the New Weigh sachets and didn't like the weird taste that it has. But since they came on the scene, and with all the confusion of claiming they're actually LIPOTRIM, finding a chemist to get it from has been difficult. And so, unfortunately, I've had to end my programme prematurely. A shame, since I had a great start losing the weight through Lipotrim, and now struggle to get the rest off....

Have you tried a healthy, balanced diet and some moderate exercise?

Have you tried a healthy, balanced diet and some moderate exercise?
    Huh? Where's the gimmick?

Advertisement