Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 wins would be great this week but massive ask

The league match is prob more important

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2 wins would be great this week but massive ask

The league match is prob more important

I dunno Dundalk are rocked and I fancy this Blues side to do well this season, Two games so quick could actually help the squad build momentum and minutes under their belts.

I dunno Dundalk are rocked and I fancy this Blues side to do well this season, Two games so quick could actually help the squad build momentum and minutes under their belts.

Frustrating looking back at Saturdays game, should of won it

Looking forward to seeing what Daryl Murphy brings. Crazy to think only 4 years ago he was playing against France at the Euros (and missed a sitter too)

Frustrating looking back at Saturdays game, should of won it

Looking forward to seeing what Daryl Murphy brings. Crazy to think only 4 years ago he was playing against France at the Euros (and missed a sitter too)

Crazy we didn’t get the peno, absolutely shocking decision. Yea should of won for sure, huge step towards Dundalk if we’d picked up the win. Yea he was late into the Irish set up in fairness to Daryl, fit he’ll be class. Murphy from back to front lol

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Anyone else get the Watch LOI stream ?
    I have it and quality is hit and miss anyone else the same ?

• Advertisement

Nypd wrote: »
    Anyone else get the Watch LOI stream ?
    I have it and quality is hit and miss anyone else the same ?

yeah mines been generally fine, the cast option is handy

Performance not great but Dundalk are another level

not giving up anyway and still time to grab an equaliser

ah no day out in the Aviva for us this season

Played well in parts and hopefully we gain some confidence. I'd take a draw up there on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

another poor game. i know he hasn't being with the team that long but our style of football is ****e. awful game last night and don't mention Cork last weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

In fairness everything has been turned upside down a bit since the season was interrupted.

Empty stadia, new manager, new players coming into what was already a team of lads who hardly new each other. The COVID testing and a game that was cancelled - not exactly conducive to getting a team to the peak of their powers.

Dundalk struggled themselves in their first couple of games. I actually can't remember when Waterford last got a result off them.

As an aside, I had to check if Daryl Murphy had actually completed his signing as the media have a pathetic level of coverage on LOI. The only outlets that seemed to confirm his signature were the East Anglican Daily Times (Ipswich) and extratime.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

hardybuck wrote: »
    In fairness everything has been turned upside down a bit since the season was interrupted.

Empty stadia, new manager, new players coming into what was already a team of lads who hardly new each other. The COVID testing and a game that was cancelled - not exactly conducive to getting a team to the peak of their powers.

Dundalk struggled themselves in their first couple of games. I actually can't remember when Waterford last got a result off them.

As an aside, I had to check if Daryl Murphy had actually completed his signing as the media have a pathetic level of coverage on LOI. The only outlets that seemed to confirm his signature were the East Anglican Daily Times (Ipswich) and extratime.ie.

We beat dundalk at the rsc a couple of seasons back, think they were unbeaten coming down, big crowd and lovely sunny evening and 2 goal from akinade gave us the win. a great win too, hery was class.

I think blues management confirmed Daryl signing in post match interviews but I haven't seen any statement from the club or photos of him being introduced as a new signing, which is odd as he is arguably the biggest name the club has signed in a long time.

Thats the stuff great goal by Smith, playing well enough but still a good bit to go

Great goal 2-0 up

Dream stuff

****ing hell 2-2 draw and could of easily lost the game too

tbh wasn't expecting us to get anything from there but we take the point and move on

The cursed Sligo game taking place on Tuesday and please god just get it played at this stage ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Disappointed with the result giving the position before the red card but before the game I'd take a draw and scoring two in a game

The squad has potential but needs to watch its discipline

The squad has potential but needs to watch its discipline

we always had that problem, was the very same with the 2018 squad

Dundalk not them usual selfs lately, Is Rennie to blame :D:D

we always had that problem, was the very same with the 2018 squad

Dundalk not them usual selfs lately, Is Rennie to blame :D:D

Rennie looked miserable in the dugout.

John Sheridan has caused uproar after supposedly calling the LOI and pub league and telling Vinny Perth what are you on about anyways you’re getting sacked :)

Uproar cause he had the balls to say what everyone is thinking

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/361129/25ee7d7d81a9d54a49a4b096d108ae00

John Sheridan has caused uproar after supposedly calling the LOI and pub league and telling Vinny Perth what are you on about anyways you’re getting sacked :)

Uproar cause he had the balls to say what everyone is thinking

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/361129/25ee7d7d81a9d54a49a4b096d108ae00

That’s absolutely BS, he’s an ass for saying that and taking that way to another manager. I wouldn’t condone that behaviour at all.

• Advertisement

Just when things were starting to get back on track we have this ****e now

Could of been heat of the moment stuff by Sheridan

He’s comments have been heard over a few games now, he’s a bit saucy on the line, I was only praising how well he has them playing. Love to hear his interview with Matt if there was one after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

He was shouting at his own team and obviously had a go at Vinny Perth on the line. Nobody would have heard it if there was a crowd. He's a bit of a headbanger on the sideline.

It'll give the disciplinary committee someone besides Ollie Horgan to drag in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

He's not wrong though. Amount of time it took for Resumption of playing is a shambles. What happened the blues with Europe last season was a shambles. Prize money is a shambles.

He could have chosen his words better tbf but Vinney Perth running to the media is a measure of him just intimidated by a chap whose managed some big clubs in comparison to LOI and has a decent amount of Irish caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

People making a mountain out of molehill imo.

Should he have said it? Probably not. Is it absolutely f*cking hilarious? Yes, yes it is :D

In fairness the FAI are farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Let's call a spade a spade...JS is absolutely correct in his assessment of the league. Rubbish standard, shambles in terms of organisation and a lot of dysfunctional clubs.

Can you have your manager shouting that type of thing in from the sidelines to the players...no you absolutely can't. Totally unprofessional, but in a way his presence in a league and a club he knows little or nothing about kinda reinforces his point.

JS is known for having a caustic mouth on him. Can see more of this if he makes it to the end of the season.

Perth should wind his neck in as well. Never shy in terms of speaking with the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

dzilla wrote: »
    He's not wrong though. Amount of time it took for Resumption of playing is a shambles. What happened the blues with Europe last season was a shambles. Prize money is a shambles.

He could have chosen his words better tbf but Vinney Perth running to the media is a measure of him just intimidated by a chap whose managed some big clubs in comparison to LOI and has a decent amount of Irish caps.

He is absolutely wrong to be shouting such things on the sideline.
    Yes he was a good player, but you need to look closely at his managerial record ...... he has probably been moved on from more positions than most with his length of service.
    There is usually a good reason for this.

As for the blues and last season ..... they thought they could 'pull a stroke' because of the influence of one man in the FAI and when he was ousted they lost that influence and the rules were properly applied.

I hope Sheridan's wayward nature can be reined in, as I think he could be good for the club if so.

As for the blues and last season ..... they thought they could 'pull a stroke' because of the influence of one man in the FAI and when he was ousted they lost that influence and the rules were properly applied.

What stroke qualifying for Europe ?

Clubs may enter competition once the green light is given by the clubs national association if less then 3 years In existence.

WFC were fkd over because JD had given them a green light, it was a bus back on him not a stroke being pulled as you say.

• Advertisement

these lads aren't happy

Will he get the sack by Power ?, possibly but JS has to come out and tell his side of the story

Could JS walk away ? possibly too

Advertisement