Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Method & Madness Whiskey

Options
  • 21-02-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭

I heard about this new whiskey from Irish Distillers last year. Very hush hush though.
    They seem to have a video up on youtube as of this evening. Anyone else heard anything about it? I presume no one's tried it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

It might be that they are finishing some whiskey in chestnut wood casks. You are allowed use wood other than oak in Ireland, but it's never done, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

16831825_407653069583513_2702093057398731608_n.jpg?oh=ad055359e11aa393991b3091a468e1da&oe=594174D0

I got to try it last night at the launch. Looking forward to getting a bottle in a few weeks when it's in the shops. Celtic Whiskey said it would be a few weeks. Had a good few cocktails in between sampling the whiskeys on their own so memory is a little hazy!

M_M.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There's a Single Pot Still, Single Grain and a Single Malt, as well as a 31 Year Old Single Cask, Single Grain Limited Edition. Pics on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/methodandmadnesswhiskey/

The 31 year old is €1500!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Effects wrote: »
    The 31 year old is €1500!

Marketing consultants don't come cheap!

Advertisement