Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DFB Strike

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

5500 wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything on this recently but has DCC gone back to the table for discussions or what's going on? It may be just by chance but I've noticed a lot of dual response from DFB and NAS around west Dublin in recent weeks, I know the NAS ambo base is temporarily in cherry orchard hospital which may be why I'm seeing response car's ect chasing tender's but wondered if there was some movement/trial between the two control room's?

Not to sure but I do no for a fact that the NAS have put more resources into the Dublin area as a hole extra staff transferred extra vehicles on etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

sjb25 wrote: »
    Not to sure but I do no for a fact that the NAS have put more resources into the Dublin area as a hole extra staff transferred extra vehicles on etc

I've noticed 2 ambulances operating out of the tallaght base aswell but thought there only ever used to be 1 stationed there. Could be temporary with interns ect, but regardless it's good to see additonal resources being used, I just hope it's not to support figures and then ends up being stripped back further down the line depending on what happens with the control situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Not just interns extra vehicles and staff now in Dublin full time also the brand new station (replaced James St )is now also open

https://www.facebook.com/NationalAmbulanceService/posts/1475061069183089

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The new base certainly looks full of ambulances in the pictures they posted.

Out of interest are all calls received in the Dublin region routed to DFB, and if they have no resource available they request from the NAS or is it random which control centre gets the call once an ambulance is requested via 112/999?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

5500 wrote: »
    The new base certainly looks full of ambulances in the pictures they posted.

Out of interest are all calls received in the Dublin region routed to DFB, and if they have no resource available they request from the NAS or is it random which control centre gets the call once an ambulance is requested via 112/999?

I think it depends on area within Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Advertisement