Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a Gamestop controller

Options
  • 17-02-2017 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping someone will be able to help me with this.
    I have a gamestop xbox 360 controller that I bought in 2015. I use it on my laptop but I don't do much gaming with it. Despite that the LB and A buttons are sticking.
    I actually store it in its box and I`ve just checked on the side of the box and it says it has a 5 year warranty.
    Would Gamestop honour this by just letting me take a new controller or would it have to be sent off for repair?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

5 Year Manufacturers Warranty I'd say. You'd probably have to send it off to MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

me_irl wrote: »
    5 Year Manufacturers Warranty I'd say. You'd probably have to send it off to MS.

I kind of thought this myself. Its actually an ownbrand gamestop one made by a company called PDP.
    I might just cough up the E30 for a new one and save myself the hassle.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You mad, get them shower of cowboys to fix it. You contract legally is where you purchased it from so gamestop have to give you the option of a repair or replace......if you dont want the hassle thats fine but get it fixed and buy a new one else where in the meantime.

When the other comes back keep it as back up or sell it on adverts etc......let them away with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Them gamespot ones are crap the A button goes after weeks. You could talk them into falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you have the receipt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Cheers for the replies.
    Do you have the receipt?
    Yes. I amazed myself, but I keep the controller in its original box when I'm not using it and the receipt happened to be in the bottom of the box.
    Them gamespot ones are crap the A button goes after weeks. You could talk them into falling apart.
    Tell me about it.
    I took it apart myself and its the conductive pad that has gone for the A button. Replacement ones for the official 360 controller are about E3 on ebay but I don't think they would fit this own brand one as its a different design.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You mad, get them shower of cowboys to fix it. You contract legally is where you purchased it from so gamestop have to give you the option of a repair or replace......if you dont want the hassle thats fine but get it fixed and buy a new one else where in the meantime.

When the other comes back keep it as back up or sell it on adverts etc......let them away with nothing.

Ah I know what you`re saying but there`s a lot of hassle in that.
    I actually went in the last day and had a look at the controllers they had without mentioning anything about the dodgy one I have.
    All the controllers were really cheap awful looking plasticy things.

So if I did exchange the controller id have a crappy one that I would then either have to go to the trouble of selling on Adverts (with all the crap that entails) or leave it to gather dust in the press while I got a decent one. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I`ve bought the official Xbox 360 controller off Amazon for E30. Gamestop tried to sell me a 2nd hand one for E35!.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Z8EvowGEU
    I think I`ll just stay away from Gamestop in future as their selection is crap.

Advertisement