Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running on the wrong side of the road??!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Not much hope for a quick recovery if you are mashed by a truck or 4X4 out running/walking - but you will get more help with your life in the insurance payout (assuming your survive) to buy a motorised wheelchair or adapt yiur bathroom if you were walking /running 'against the traffic' and with a light or (proper) reflective gear on. I drive up bendy country roads & it is insane how many stragglers run/walk in black clothing on the wrong side with no reflective gear. They show up as a blacker shadow in the dark. You'll get 50% extra by crossing the road - and a longer sentence for the driver. ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Does walking help much with running? does it contribute much towards weekly mileage targets? I run only about 18-20 miles a week but walk maybe 15 miles as well. Does this help much do you think?

Doing some light exercise on the days you don't run is good for recovery. I wouldn't count it towards weekly mileage targets myself (or would have two targets, one for running and one for walking).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

whichever side you walk/run on, its the full dark clothing that gets me. what brain cells are people using to think that they'll be seen. fluorescent clothing or runners are everywhere these days so absolutely no excuse except being a gob with no respect to themselves or other traffic. even the good old fluorescent arm band they had in schools in the 70s will at least reflect some light and make a motorist see something. was in a group of 20 cyclists recently who came up behind a fully dark clothing runner recently - scared the bejeezus out of everyone and lucky not to have an accident.

Advertisement