Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best meal replacement shakes

Options
  • 13-02-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm recently exercising and looking to loose weight. I'm on the go a lot and am looking for a good brand for meal replacement shakes mainly for morning times. I have no knowledge of any brands other then hearing about Herbalife but some very mixed reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They're essentially breakfast but with fewer calories.

Nothing more so save your money and either eat a breakfast with fewer calories or shave calories off some of what you eat through the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

They're essentially breakfast but with fewer calories.

Nothing more so save your money and either eat a breakfast with fewer calories or shave calories off some of what you eat through the rest of the day.

+1

Learn to eat a healthy sustainable diet. Meal replacements won't do a damn thing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If it's a time issue, the 900w Nutri ninja is around €50 at the moment in Argos, and make your own! (Frozen) fruit, yogurt, porridge, a bit of whey if you're inclined!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 annelimerick

Best to stick to plain healthy wholefoods, but if you do want to try those powders, stay away from herbalife - supermarket powders are essentially the same only Herbalife charges four times as much. They're essentially a pyramid scheme. see factsaboutherbalife.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Best to stick to plain healthy wholefoods, but if you do want to try those powders, stay away from herbalife - supermarket powders are essentially the same only Herbalife charges four times as much. They're essentially a pyramid scheme. see factsaboutherbalife.com

Joe Duffy was having a go at them today, though I get the feeling it was more about the fact he wasn't getting a slice of the pie so to speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Move wrote: »
    I have used the Forever Living Ultra Lite Protein Shakes, not only are they delicious but real easy to prepare. We have a 7 day challenge where you replace either your breakfast or lunch with a shake and eat a normal Dinner. If you would like to know more I would love to hear from you!

You would do the same if you had a smaller breakfast or lunch.

The '7 day challenge' is about consuming fewer calories at breakfast or lunch.

Advertisement