Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stand With Eamon Dunphy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Diarmaid Ferriter interview was very good.

Would've been better if dunphy didnt keep butting in. Dunno how he thought he knew more than a professor in history

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iancm25

hermano wrote: »
    Would've been better if dunphy didnt keep butting in. Dunno how he thought he knew more than a professor in history

Classic Dunphy behaviour...interrupt the guest with inane anecdote or waffle. That said, I really enjoyed listening to Ferriter.

Hopefully this is the start of a bit of variety amongst the interviewees, the podcast had been getting quite stale of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Whatever about the economic benefits for Ireland, my main reason I hope Britain ends up remaining in the EU is to see Brexit Boy cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So stale !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

His Wikipedia page is an eye-opener,to day the least. The history of Spiked magazine and the involvement of it's contributors in the Revolutionary Communist Party makes for grimly fascinating reading: https://medium.com/@JRogan3000/spiked-online-ireland-and-brexit-767562a2fcc7

I enjoy this podcast in general but seeing that name next to an episode,nope,no interest.

Jaysus. I knew he was a spoofer and a right pain, but didn't realise he was as mad as this..

• Advertisement

Dunphy really doesn’t have a clue when it comes to Trump.... upon reflection, he has been wrong about most things

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Niall Stanage is easily the best contributor to the podcast

Obrieski wrote: »

He is wasted on Dunphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Dunphy really doesn’t have a clue when it comes to Trump.... upon reflection, he has been wrong about most things

Emmm....have you heard Matt Cooper yet and his obsessiveness with Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Yes Niall is balanced and gives you the 25 minute update from Capital Hill - good way to check in on American politics. More Dermot Ferriter too please.

• Advertisement

franglan wrote: »
    Yes Niall is balanced and gives you the 25 minute update from Capital Hill - good way to check in on American politics. More Dermot Ferriter too please.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

He is wasted on Dunphy

Don't like Eamon? Don't download.

One of the things I love about Podcasts is the fact you can take or leave them. Don't like it, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I’m glad to have a break from Verona Murphy, she was getting so familiar she treated as her own podcast

Me and Minister Ross
    Your listeners will know that I
    As your listeners heard me say consistently

It was the same podcast every time. Listen to one and you’ve heard them all

She never asked about driver training with the constant bridge strikes and when softly asked about the race to the bottom on driver wages and struggling to retain drivers it was everyone’s fault except the transport companies like she owns.

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Don't like Eamon? Don't download.

One of the things I love about Podcasts is the fact you can take or leave them. Don't like it, move on.

I think your right... I’m not sure why Im still listening to the podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Obrieski wrote: »

Is that Prime Time and Newsnight's Niall Stanage as Eamo likes to add!

... And to say this comment is sponsored by Tesco Finest, because Tesco believe........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

His understanding of international politics seems quite limited, he just sort of bluffs through.

His understanding of international politics seems quite limited, he just sort of bluffs through.

Sure he's the same with the football... i just can't help loving him for some reason though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Niall Stanage is excellent but I wish he'd stop bringing the dreadful Brendan O'Neill onto the podcast so often. I don't have a problem with him being a pro-Brexiteer. He comes across as a pure waffler and a chancer. One of those (i.e. Eamo himself) is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

mikemac2 wrote:
    I’m glad to have a break from Verona Murphy, she was getting so familiar she treated as her own podcast

And she has resurfaced again.

The thoughts of her looking for a seat down here in Wexford in the next GE give me shivers.

She is overdue an appearance on The Tonight Show also

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's a pity Eamon didn't get Dermot Gilleece as his go to golf pundit.

• Advertisement

Don't think Verona Murphy is the worst, obviously pushes the haulier agenda but it is still interesting to see Brexit from her and her workers' perspectives in a situation you don't always hear about. I do agree there is little point having her on overly often as it is the same kind of stuff each time but still an interesting insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Yes I like her but she, like so many of the other regulars, is a bit repetitive.

On another note, has anyone bought any Tesco Finest stuff of late? I haven't. Sorry, not sorry, Tesco :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'll spoiler it in case anyone hasn't listened to today's cervical cancer episode
    Did anyone else think this was a terrible episode? They never mentioned how screening works and that there are false positives and negatives, that the audits are done to help improve the system, a lot of other countries don't disclose a false positive or negative, Scally's report indicated that the actual accuracy of the tests didn't seem to be in question, and treatment was not withheld when symptoms showed up. I have to say I turned it off shortly after Eamonn accused the Doctors of playing God when neither wanted to tell that there'd been a false negative so apologies to all if the above points where dealt with after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Aska wrote: »
    And she has resurfaced again.

The thoughts of her looking for a seat down here in Wexford in the next GE give me shivers.

She is overdue an appearance on The Tonight Show also

I haven't listened to it. This epitomises what is wrong with the show, a one-trick pony on again and again. I love the podcast but Eamo really needs to put more effort into keeping things fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Obrieski wrote:
    Don't think Verona Murphy is the worst, obviously pushes the haulier agenda.

I can handle that at times but it is repeditive now also her climate change speeches are a total laugh, she goes on about hauliers buying Euro 6 trucks (151 reg upwards for better emmissions) yet her own company purchase and use 2006 trucks with a dreadful emmissions output but lord jesus would Ivan or Eamonn bring this up with her?

Practice what you preach,

I haven't listened to it. This epitomises what is wrong with the show, a one-trick pony on again and again. I love the podcast but Eamo really needs to put more effort into keeping things fresh!

A one trick pony but it's a very good trick... ;)

I'll get my coat :D

Was nice to finally hear John and Eamon's opinion on Pogba in the Man United pod.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Well Pogba came up a lot because of France's World Cup run last year and the uncertainty over his future this year, if you listen every contribution Giles has made to OTB or this podcast, then yeah it would be a bit repetitive.

People whinge about Giles talking too much about the old days on the OTB thread, and now someone is complaining about him talking too much about a modern player, you can't win.

It was more Eamon's fixation on Pogba. I've listened to them have the same conversation in virtually every football podcast for the last year or two. Hopefully he'll leave in the summer anyway and we'll be done for good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

The Man Utd fans I've spoken to would love to see him gone too

Advertisement