Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft noob tips

• 10-02-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just looking for helpful tips as I am just starting out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Gear: always have good spec eye/face protection, get good boots (over the ankle) and gloves are good to have.
    Never use bb's that are dirty or have visible seams.

Gameplay: keep your eyes open and you mouth closed.
    Listen to the rules and any advise offered.
    Don't ever let your elbows be wider than your shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bring some water and bin bags. The latter to put your filthy gear in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I'd recommend buying second hand for your first AEG. You can get a pretty good make/model for the cost of a budget AEG from a retailer. Just make sure you do a bit of research on the AEG and look at any reviews you can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fingersnthumbs

Like yourself i was a complete noob 3 weeks ago, i went for my first game a few weeks ago at Inferno CQB Tallaght and am now hooked. I was advised to rent equipment for my first try to see if i even enjoyed the game...... I DID BIG TIME.

I now have my own AEG. A CYMA M4AI RIS which i got from Hobby Airsoft in Ballymount. I have a red dot scope and laser/tactical light combo on the gun also and i love it to death.

I would also advise renting for your first round or 2 to see if you enjoy the sport. I agree with the above poster on the advice of getting decent protective gear first also.

Hope to see you on the field one day my man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesshooter

Like yourself i was a complete noob 3 weeks ago, i went for my first game a few weeks ago at Inferno CQB Tallaght and am now hooked. I was advised to rent equipment for my first try to see if i even enjoyed the game...... I DID BIG TIME.

I now have my own AEG. A CYMA M4AI RIS which i got from Hobby Airsoft in Ballymount. I have a red dot scope and laser/tactical light combo on the gun also and i love it to death.

I would also advise renting for your first round or 2 to see if you enjoy the sport. I agree with the above poster on the advice of getting decent protective gear first also.

Hope to see you on the field one day my man!!!

Thanks I'm after renting 6 times and I love the sport so I think it is about time I purchased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Whether you buy second hand or new, from my experience, it's pretty important to have a general idea of what everything on your gun does, and is for. You'd figure it out quick enough, but hopefully not after having to get it repaired! Another thing is to know the internals of the gun. If your planning to upgrade it, or trying to solve an internal issue, make sure you know what your getting into.

And top of the internals list-ALWAYS have a box or something for your parts, I think we've all had that oh sugar where's that screw moment! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jdeego10

Dont spend so much money on gear first see if you enjoy playing airsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'd like to emphasise what thermo has advised. Cannot stress enough just how important good footwear & good eyepro are (gloves being optional); if you spend your time feeling uncomfortable and/or distracted by constantly having to adjust & fight with what you're wearing (the same argument applies for your tactical kit), then it'll detract from your enjoyment and you'll be sore, bruised, and probably blistered afterwards to boot.

(Almost) everything else is secondary to the above. Take your time to see what other people have, or are using, and ask them why or for what purpose or advantages they feel they get from whatever the object of curiosity is. Most airsofters will be only t0o happy to have a chat about their kit with you, so don't be afraid to ask!

Above all else; have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

Don't take it too serious..... After all you are running about playing toy soldiers....lol...
    Play honestly..... If you are unsure then just take the hit... Don't call out people for non hit taking..... Let a marshal know....
    Be safe.... Always wear your eye pro.... Mags out....clear your gun....safety on....in the safe zone.....
    Listen....to rules...and advice offered....
    Don't do anything to damage the sport or show it in a negative light.... Keep the Man of our back...!! Be safe....for yourself and your fellow players.... Most of all enjoy yourself....!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mike A

Be safe (boots with ankle support, good eye protection, no mags in safe zone, safety on)
    Play fair (take your hits, don't be an ass)
    Have fun and ask for help if you need it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement