Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growler Fills

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

All the places I've had growlers from in the states, a lot of these places in the top tier of respectability in the trade

none of them had a "growler machine"

tap -> growler bottle -> cap -> plastic cover on cap -> heater to seal the cap with the plastic

always top notch results. of course, none of those beers were stored more than 2 days. if I buy a growler I intend to drink it soon, no need for dumb proprietary systems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Bought two one-litre growlers recently and got a litre of Buried At Sea on the way home today in the nearest GBB bar.

Tastes fine but have to say was a bit taken aback at the price (€14).

Can't see myself bothering with it as a substitute for core range bottles, rather maybe just to get the occasional one-off that might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bought two one-litre growlers recently and got a litre of Buried At Sea on the way home today in the nearest GBB bar.

Tastes fine but have to say was a bit taken aback at the price (€14).

Can't see myself bothering with it as a substitute for core range bottles, rather maybe just to get the occasional one-off that might like.

+1
    I bought one from against the grain last week as i had missed the off license deadline.
    To refill will cost €16:75...with a whopping fifty cent saved on each pint, it's hardly worth it.

Or am i late to the party? Did they used to be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

+1
    I bought one from against the grain last week as i had missed the off license deadline.
    To refill will cost €16:75...with a whopping fifty cent saved on each pint, it's hardly worth it.

Or am i late to the party? Did they used to be cheaper?

They shouldn't be serving takeaway after 10,anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They shouldn't be serving takeaway after 10,anyway.

Sorry, let me rephrase, i was not going ti make it to an off license in time.

But if what you're saying is true, than that's one more reason not to bother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement