Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Driver Recruitment Questions

• 08-02-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

I applied through transdev Ireland in January for the position of Luas driver. Got an email yesterday to say that if I'm successful for an interview I should get a call on, or up to the 26th of February.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information or tell me what to expect if I was lucky enough to be chosen. It's hard to find information on Luas drivers apart from the basic pay scale or how many hours they work a week.

Info that I'm looking for is:

How much money would you make on average per week after tax?
    What are the working hours? (I know shift work, but start finish times)
    How many weekends off per month/year?
    Do you work 5 days on 3 days off kinda thing?
    Bonus payments?

Any answers would be helpful,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Buckfast W wrote: »
    I applied through transdev Ireland in January for the position of Luas driver. Got an email yesterday to say that if I'm successful for an interview I should get a call on, or up to the 26th of February.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information or tell me what to expect if I was lucky enough to be chosen. It's hard to find information on Luas drivers apart from the basic pay scale or how many hours they work a week.

Info that I'm looking for is:

How much money would you make on average per week after tax?
    What are the working hours? (I know shift work, but start finish times)
    How many weekends off per month/year?
    Do you work 5 days on 3 days off kinda thing?
    Bonus payments?

Any answers would be helpful,

1 - First year is around 30-34,000, tax depends on you situation, but could be looking at 3-4,000.
    2 - First Trams start around 04.45 (empty) and finish at 01.45 (last empty), most drive for just over 9 hours and one assumes shifts start a little before driving. Most drivers probally start at 6-7.00 for peak hour operations and finishing likely varies from after 8pm to close as services gradually reduce. From the strike last year, every second weekend you are working, so 25 on/25 off apparently.
    4 - 6% (think) Bonus, one assumes you cannot miss any shift to receive full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Thanks for the info that's a great help, I was able to find some stuff online but not a lot, hopefully I get a call now, thanks again for taking the time to reply :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steevem23

Hello today is the day...any of you heard anything?

steevem23 wrote: »
    Hello today is the day...any of you heard anything?

Not yet, kinda started to lose hope last week. As you said today is the day and still nothing soooooo guess its better luck next time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Wk19k78

Not yet, kinda started to lose hope last week. As you said today is the day and still nothing soooooo guess its better luck next time :(

Posted on a different thread aswell lads
    Few over on that 1 havent heard anything either
    I rang this morning and the reception told me there was vacancys filled a few weeks ago
    She put me through to HR and i never got to speak to anybody but left a brief message on the answering service
    Still no info from transdev
    Seems a bit weird.

Wk19k78 wrote: »
    Posted on a different thread aswell lads
    Few over on that 1 havent heard anything either
    I rang this morning and the reception told me there was vacancys filled a few weeks ago
    She put me through to HR and i never got to speak to anybody but left a brief message on the answering service
    Still no info from transdev
    Seems a bit weird.

Yeah their original email basically said something like 'due to the high number of applications we have short listed candidates for interview, if you're successful you'll be called on or before the 28th of feb for an interview'.

What puzzled me was they never stated what the criteria were for being short listed.

Was also annoyed by the fact that they were actively talking about trying to encourage more women to the role. Why not advertise the job and just say its equal opportunities.

We probably won't hear a peep from Transdev now :mad:

Yeah their original email basically said something like 'due to the high number of applications we have short listed candidates for interview, if you're successful you'll be called on or before the 28th of feb for an interview'.

What puzzled me was they never stated what the criteria were for being short listed.

Was also annoyed by the fact that they were actively talking about trying to encourage more women to the role. Why not advertise the job and just say its equal opportunities.

We probably won't hear a peep from Transdev now :mad:

"Due to the huge reponse if you are selected for interview you will be contacted by phone before or on the 28th of February 2017."

You just wouldnt know or second guessing all day
    It could have been put out by a few days or weeks or we could be in the next pile after a first round of interviews if they find nobody suitable or no clean licenses or criminal records of potential candidates.
    Im gonna try switch off from it now as its head wrecking and i dont see why they would send that type of email if they had no plan to follow it up,as on 1 of the other threads quite a few didnt recieve any acknowledgement of having their cv's recieved.

"Due to the huge reponse if you are selected for interview you will be contacted by phone before or on the 28th of February 2017."

You just wouldnt know or second guessing all day
    It could have been put out by a few days or weeks or we could be in the next pile after a first round of interviews if they find nobody suitable or no clean licenses or criminal records of potential candidates.
    Im gonna try switch off from it now as its head wrecking and i dont see why they would send that type of email if they had no plan to follow it up,as on 1 of the other threads quite a few didnt recieve any acknowledgement of having their cv's recieved.

Yeah it's a head wreck alright. We can try keep each other posted if anything happens over the next few weeks. Even if it's just to say that we've gotten some kinda rejection email.

With regards to not receiving any acknowledgement on cv's I remember that there was two different email addresses supplied, the one that was working properly was the one with HR in it.

There treating us like mushrooms, keeping us in the dark and feeding us Sh1t. :P

Yeah it's a head wreck alright. We can try keep each other posted if anything happens over the next few weeks. Even if it's just to say that we've gotten some kinda rejection email.

With regards to not receiving any acknowledgement on cv's I remember that there was two different email addresses supplied, the one that was working properly was the one with HR in it.

There treating us like mushrooms, keeping us in the dark and feeding us Sh1t. :P

Lol
    Keep the heads down and hopefully something pops up.

Update!!

Ok i got through to HR
    Lovely lady told me they are still inviting people to interview and although the deadline was yesterday she can see it being pushed on possibly to the end of next week,
    Alls not lost yet.

Update!!

Ok i got through to HR
    Lovely lady told me they are still inviting people to interview and although the deadline was yesterday she can see it being pushed on possibly to the end of next week,
    Alls not lost yet.

Cheers for that, looks like there might be light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Fair play to ya for ringing them up, most people (i.e. ME) would have just left it.

If anything happens yous will be the first to know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Squiglee

We all keep each other updated. I know 10 men that applied and none of them got a call including myself. I know 2 girls that got a call for interviews 2 weeks ago

Squiglee wrote: »
    We all keep each other updated. I know 10 men that applied and none of them got a call including myself. I know 2 girls that got a call for interviews 2 weeks ago

That's whats kinda annoying me though, they basically recruited saying that they wanted more women drivers. Surely they could've hosted a recruitment process that's fair to both sexes instead of leaning heavily towards women.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Squiglee

It's starting to look like no men got called maybe just women

Cheers for that, looks like there might be light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Fair play to ya for ringing them up, most people (i.e. ME) would have just left it.

If anything happens yous will be the first to know. :)

It was starting to annoy me so i wasnt letting it get the better of me,
    Lets keep all informed of any developments.

Squiglee wrote: »
    It's starting to look like no men got called maybe just women

There not gonna have a depot full of women doing the cross city,they want to increase the female personnel but again thats dictated by the applicants health,criminal background and of course attitudes.
    We'll keep our fingers crossed.

So I guess we're sh1t out of luck folks :(, but was just wondering if anyone else heard anything back or know anyone who wasn't a woman that got a call :D.

Just curious as to when their training starts what their terms and conditions are like and what their hours might be etc......

So I guess we're sh1t out of luck folks :(, but was just wondering if anyone else heard anything back or know anyone who wasn't a woman that got a call :D.

Just curious as to when their training starts what their terms and conditions are like and what their hours might be etc......

Seems to be all hush hush
    Have they even took anybody on
    Surely somebody knows somebody that works for them and visits boards,that could perhaps further us somemore information of whats actually going on.

Nothing to report Heuston. All quiet. Do u guys know that there was recruitment agency working on their behalf and they advertised same thing late last week...Any of U waiting on Dublin Bus.

steevem23 wrote:
    Nothing to report Heuston. All quiet. Do u guys know that there was recruitment agency working on their behalf and they advertised same thing late last week...Any of U waiting on Dublin Bus.

They were advertising the luas jobs again??

I cannot say ..but who else pays 34G a year

steevem23 wrote:
    I cannot say ..but who else pays 34G a year

That's bad form if they were especially after there 'due to a high volume of applications' spiel....

Drivers Wanted
    Executive Edge Recruitment - Dublin
    Our client is Dublin based and is currently recruiting for Bus Drivers. This is a permanent role and salary is €34,000 (will rise with each year of experience),...
    4 days ago - save job - more...

I will probably get shot for Opening my mouth (typing)

Have a look on indeed.com type bus driver

Drivers Wanted
    Executive Edge Recruitment - Dublin
    Our client is Dublin based and is currently recruiting for Bus Drivers. This is a permanent role and salary is €34,000 (will rise with each year of experience),...
    4 days ago - save job - more...

I will probably get shot for Opening my mouth (typing)

Bus drivers??
    We're asking about luas drivers in dublin,
    Do you mean to tell me there advertising for bus drivers instead?

I know its a Luas thread mate.
    The ad says bus drivers , because they want candidates who have done all that CPC and dealing with passengers.

I know its a Luas thread mate.
    The ad says bus drivers , because they want candidates who have done all that CPC and dealing with passengers.

Thanks for the heads up,seems bit odd,Do they actually know what there looking for,i mean,I'd prseume they'd want to train and mould any successful candidates into there style.
    Are you up in transdev yourself?

When i saw the ad in Jan i applied for it and i was contacted very quickly and i was told it was for the Luas and i said oh i applied for it already through transd and so they said better ending the conversation as transd will contact me, and so i wait

Ffs thats the pits
    I wouldnt mind i actually earn 46k and fancied a change of career
    If thats the way they operate they can keep their jobs.

steevem23 wrote:
    Drivers Wanted Executive Edge Recruitment - Dublin Our client is Dublin based and is currently recruiting for Bus Drivers. This is a permanent role and salary is €34,000 (will rise with each year of experience),... 4 days ago - save job - more...

Replace bus with Luas and that's a bingo

Is that how you say it :-)