Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***TREK TRVIA***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭troll_a_roll

Is Data the correct and only answer for one actor to play three roles in one episode?

I was thinking that on the holodeck in Next Generation they play new characters. So that'd be two characters at least for loads of actors.

For example, did Data ever play Lore in an episode while also appearing on the holodeck in a game?

There was also an episode where there were two Rikers! From a transporter accident.

As trivia, what was Rikers middle name?
    The name the second Riker took?

Did either Riker appear on the holodeck in that episode? If so, that'd be three characters by one actor.

As more trivia, why do they never try to repeat these accidents that have amazing outcomes?

There was another where Scotty was in a transporter loop for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Is Data the correct and only answer for one actor to play three roles in one episode?

I was thinking that on the holodeck in Next Generation they play new characters. So that'd be two characters at least for loads of actors.
    Brent Spiner must have been six or seven different characters in a Fistful of Datas but were they all technically Data?

Same with Robert Picardo on a Voyager episode that end with a shot of multiple EMH mark 1s.

And in the Barclay holo-addiction episode wasn't there real Troi, holodeck Troi, and the Goddess of Empathy all played by Marina Sirtis.

Great stuff.
    I don't recall Fistful of Datas.

If Data plays Sherlock Holmes on the holodeck I'd consider that a new character.

When Reginald Barclay made holodeck versions of lots of crew members I'm not sure if they're new characters.They're just holodeck depictions of the same characters. A photograph of a person clearly isn't a new character so a holodeck version shouldn''t be either.

The Marina Sertis playing Troi one is at least two characters. I don't recall it myself but the Goddess must be a new character, even if she only exists on the holodeck.

What about this when it comes to photos?
    Whaat if someone like Riker pointed to a photo and said 'That's my grandfather', and it was actually a photo of Riker but made up to look like his grandfather?
    That'd count as a new character, even if it is only a photo.

Picard often plays two characters when he also plays Locutus of Borg.
    If he plays Sherlock Holmes or something on the holodeck he'd have played three characters.

I'm a bit obsessed but there's load of examples of actors playing two characters.
    Picard also playing Locutus.
    Riker also playing his brother Riker.
    Data playing Lore, and Soong, and Sherlock Holmes.
    Marina Sertis playing Troi and the Goddess of Empathy.

The episode with the masks on Next Generation. Picard plays the sun and Data plays the moon I think it is. There's a possibility that one of them plays a third character in that episode.

Photos shown and referred to on screen. This has happened, where Picard or Riker points to a photo of their grandfather or other relative, and that photo is actually of the actor, but the actor is playing a new character, as his own relative. That might have happened in the episode with two Rikers, which would give three characters for Jon Frakes. (is that the right name?)

Spock may have appeared in the same episode as young spock and as old spock. Does that count as two characters?

Q appears as a judge when humanity is on trial but I suspect he's playing the same Q as normal.

I don't think a character acting as someone else in-universe counts as a separate character. Like Data playing Holmes is still supposed to be Data whereas Lore isn't supposed to be Data.

• Advertisement

I suppose holodeck people, like Data playing Sherlock, aren't as real as characters outside the holodeck. But they are distinct characters in some ways. There have been several cases of holodeck characters playing important roles in the plots.

Brent Spiner (Data) plays at least four characters off the holodeck, and several more characters on the holodeck. Not all in the same episode of course. I dpn't think he can be beaten for sheer number of characters.
    Does he play more than 4 characters off the holodeck?
    How many characters like Sherlock does he play on the holodeck?

4 off holodeck characters for Brent Spiner.
    Data, Lore, Soong, the Moon in the episode with the masks.

Picard also plays three versions of himself in an episode, where he plays young, middle aged and old Picard. Q's in the episode. That's the same character at three different times of his life.

I have another, off holodeck character for Brent Spiner!!!
    5 off holodeck characters now for Data.

There was an episode where Data was collecting radioactive material from a planet and he was injured. He then took on a new identity where he thought he was a native of that planet. That's a new, off holodeck, character for Spiner. In the end he saved the village I think.

I suppose this is still Data but he forgot that himself and he had a new name.

Does that count as a fifth character?

Does that count as a fifth character?
    Pretty sure that still counts as Data. There are two more if you count the movies and Enterprise.

Hmmm, I don't know the two more !

I may have an inkling or two though. I think he plays Captain Data for example but that's still Data.

Oh, maybe you mean alternative realities. I know there's been a few examples of alternative realities.

I'm not very familiar with Enterprise.

Picard has also suffered an injury or a temporal flux or something where he thought he was a new character.
    Picard had a relationship with a woman. He experienced an entire lifetime and he learnt how to play the flute. In the end of course it was only in his head, or was it?

Hmmm, I don't know the two more !
    He's
    B4 in Star Trek: Nemesis and Arik Soong in Enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Data played Lore, Nonien Soong (sp) and himself in one episide, that is apparently the most in one Ep

Data played Lore, Nonien Soong (sp) and himself in one episide, that is apparently the most in one Ep
    Unless you count Fistfull of Datas in which he was Data and at least three more characters on the holodeck which is where this whole what counts as an extra character thing comes in.

I'd say it counts as an extra character if they are, or could potentially be, in the same scene at the same time and are not alternate reality / time displaced versions of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The woman who played the nurse chapel, computer voice and first officer for Chris pike?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The woman who played the nurse chapel, computer voice and first officer for Chris pike?
    Majell Barret. Ex wife of Roddenberry.... Also played Lwxanna Troi (Or however ya spell it)

Pulaski. Wasn't she in an episode of original series with that species that was so ugly it drove people mad?

And Rene What's his name. Played Odo and I think he was in an episode of Voyager where they found a holographic species

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Troi was in the last episode of enterprise (And of course 1st and last of TNG) but was she in the first episode of Enterprise?

Sorry what was Troi doing in Enterprise ?

Isn't that set before TOS ?

I must say I'm embarrassed at my lack of knowledge reading through this thread..

Sorry what was Troi doing in Enterprise ?

Isn't that set before TOS ?

I must say I'm embarrassed at my lack of knowledge reading through this thread..
    The last episode of Enterprise is a holodeck recreation of the Enterprise era by Riker set during the TNG episode Pegasus.

Evade wrote: »
    The last episode of Enterprise is a holodeck recreation of the Enterprise era by Riker set during the TNG episode Pegasus.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The last episode of Enterprise isn't real, it's a holodeck simulation created by Riker while he was on the Enterprise D.

The last episode of Enterprise isn't real, it's a holodeck simulation created by Riker while he was on the Enterprise D.

OK, so why have it as Enterprise ? isn't it like another TNG ep ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Probably the exact response of 10 million Star Trek fans too, back when it ended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Inviere wrote: »
    Probably the exact response of 10 million Star Trek fans too, back when it ended

The 'Chef' reveal sucked!

The 'Chef' reveal sucked!

Eugh, what a bloody joke of an ending. I felt Enterprise hasn't fared the passage of time well at all when I done a run through last year...but it deserved so much better than that. There were some good things about the show, I liked Archer, Trip, T'Pol & Phlox, I liked the ship, some of the arcs were good, and it made the Andorians actually good! Overall though, it was yet another waste of time and resources, and put Star Trek 6ft under for over a decade.

I think if Enterprise had have gotten the standard seven series series five, six, and seven would have had some of the best Star Trek episodes ever made.

I think if Enterprise had have gotten the standard seven series series five, six, and seven would have had some of the best Star Trek episodes ever made.

Possibly, it was settling into itself by Season 4...but I have to admit I couldn't wait for it to be over when I rewatched it all last year. The Nazi alien thing at the start of S4 was abysmal, what it it with Star Trek and Nazi aliens!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If ye look at the date of airing and what happened in around that time, it explains why the show went the way it did with it's storylines, sadly.

I can understand why, but i dont have to like the way it was done. Also, Trip, final episode. No need for that. None. Completely and utterly pointless.

I can understand why, but i dont have to like the way it was done. Also, Trip, final episode. No need for that. None. Completely and utterly pointless.

Yep, utterly pointless. Just did it for the sake of it. Wasted episode, ruined a good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Oh God, I'd forgotten the bit about the chef. I liked the Xindi arc but it should have been given more than one season. Then, as someone said above: Space Nazi!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

who appeared in four different ST series, playing five different characters?

goose2005 wrote: »

Joseph Ruskin?

• Advertisement

goose2005 wrote: »
    Armin Shimerman?

Advertisement