Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you feel if Joe Duffy left Liveline?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I wouldn't be shedding any tears.But then I'm not in the demographic Liveline is aimed at. I'm sure plenty of old dears would be very upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

ah why not? She was great on the original live line and can certainly talk for Ireland
    No doubt she was good in her day. She has too handy a number now. 3 weekends out of 4 in a good month. 250.000 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I like to listen to Jooooooeeee Duuuuuffy in the car, purely for an entertainment factor. You couldnt take the auld dears serious at all.

This particular day, Josie rang in as she took the bus from stephens green and got off in parnell sq. In between this, she somehow lost her hat.

I kid you not, she rang Joe to ask people to look out for her hat. This resulted in other people telling their tales of the time the lost different items over the years

sligojoek wrote: »
    No doubt she was good in her day. She has too handy a number now. 3 weekends out of 4 in a good month. 250.000 a year.

Ah yea but would be nice to have her back. that and Gay doing the Gay Byrne hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I'd be sad. There is some gold in there. The LiveLine thread wouldn't be the same without Joe...he hasn't taken a day off yet this year folks will be surprised to know. Though it is only early February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

cruais wrote: »
    I like to listen to Jooooooeeee Duuuuuffy in the car, purely for an entertainment factor. You couldnt take the auld dears serious at all.

This particular day, Josie rang in as she took the bus from stephens green and got off in parnell sq. In between this, she somehow lost her hat.

I kid you not, she rang Joe to ask people to look out for her hat. This resulted in other people telling their tales of the time the lost different items over the years

There's too much of this sort of sh1te. And Joe's own personal hobby horses.

During the week he had people on who were awarded sums of money at the employment tribunal against Ray and Ann Monaghan. The following day the Monaghans coughed up. This is what liveline should be about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I dont get the appeal of liveline. It is just coffin dodgers phoning in about how entitled people are or the state of modern Ireland. You swear of half of the callers were living in war torn Bosnia with how bad their lives are.

The waffle they go on about is like how dreadful it is the Government is considering introducing higher charges on prescription meds. How are they supposed to have three foreign holidays and a new Mondeo every 3 years if they have to pay more for their heavily subsidised medicine? Does the Government expect them to have no quality of life?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ray is even worse.

At the very least Ray would turn up every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

Elated!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

It would be good riddance. Can't stand him. An arrogant unrefined jumped-up skanger scobie who should be driving a bus. Never lets a bad word be said against Fianna Fail, as he obviously intends to run for office someday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

He's at it 18 years now. I doubt he'll be doing another 18 so the day will come.

It's kindof like the Irish Jeremy Kyle, but on radio.

I look forward to the demise of this talentless tool. He has always been a protége of Gay Byrne, and brought Byrne's diehard anti-republican/pro-imperialist politics with him. I'll never forget his eulogy for the thug from Ballyfermot who joined the British Army and was killed in 2003 while trying to occupy another people's land. Violence for political purposes is noble, as long as it's the British who are using it. Duffy's hypocrisy on the use of violence to achieve political purposes - going nuts at IRA violence and glorifying British violence - is as galling and ethically indefensible as John Bruton's on the same issue.

The end of the entire Sticky/Harris/Fanning/Byrne/Joe Mulholland/Myles Dungan Section 31-loving grip on RTÉ is a wholly positive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Bricriu

I look forward to the demise of this talentless tool. He has always been a protége of Gay Byrne, and brought Byrne's diehard anti-republican/pro-imperialist politics with him. I'll never forget his eulogy for the thug from Ballyfermot who joined the British Army and was killed in 2003 while trying to occupy another people's land. Violence for political purposes is noble, as long as it's the British who are using it. Duffy's hypocrisy on the use of violence to achieve political purposes - going nuts at IRA violence and glorifying British violence - is as galling and ethically indefensible as John Bruton's on the same issue.

The end of the entire Sticky/Harris/Fanning/Byrne/Joe Mulholland/Myles Dungan Section 31-loving grip on RTÉ is a wholly positive thing.

Well said.

Advertisement