Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a toucher? A sniffer?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

By the time they find themselves in there they don't get time to vomit unlike flies do on your cinnamon danish pastry, so it's ok. .I don't think she mentioned the mites in flour but they don't worry me too much. You'd see aphids on your broccoli in the garden so at least if you grow your own you could avoid them. And I don't drink wine. Enjoy your Stinkbugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hm, hardly. It's not like I can't find the same kind of products, but sold in a hygienic manner. I don't struggle to find any kind of food while avoiding the open bin type food. I buy nuts in bulk, make my own bread and cake, and either make my own tuna salad, e.t.c, or buy it from a deli counter where there's a glass case only accessible to the member of staff (wearing gloves) who serves it.

Yeah but how do you know what happened in the factory or field?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh DEAR.. at least our way we are limiting the damage. Not adding to it.... old saying what the eye does not see the heart does not grieve over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't, but I have to put some trust in human decency, food safety rules, supervision etc, and the fact that on the farm or factory floor people stand to lose their job if they do something disgusting/careless/unhygienic. As you yourself pointed out if you were very paranoid you'd never eat.

I know for a fact that some people lick food and handle food with dirty hands, in shops, with no repercussions to stop them doing it, and flies can crawl on it, so I'd rather cut out that one bit of dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I don't, but I have to put some trust in human decency, food safety rules, supervision etc, and the fact that on the farm or factory floor people stand to lose their job if they do something disgusting/careless/unhygienic. As you yourself pointed out if you were very paranoid you'd never eat.

I know for a fact that some people lick food and handle food with dirty hands, in shops, with no repercussions to stop them doing it, and flies can crawl on it, so I'd rather cut out that one bit of dirt.

Agree totally. Good hygiene and care are sense not paranoia .

Was in a huge tesco a while back, with a high roof, and there was a bird flying around, singing ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

jamesbere wrote: »
    Put it under your arm pits, it's a lot better.

Reminds me of another thing I avoid...many years ago at a work Christmas do drinks were arranged at the local before heading for dinner. A few of the lads were held up on a job and came straight to the pub without a chance to change or get cleaned up. One normally obnoxious &^*#K was in fine form, reached over the bar and grabbed a few slices of lime (it was the lime in corona hayday) , delved inside his jumper and gave both armpits a good scrub, saying lime is a natural deodorant, before flicking the slices over the bar where they landed back in the lime bowl...

Advertisement