Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your self-annoying habits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

big syke wrote: »
    ....have started to make "HAW" sounds when I do anything that requires an iota of physical excursion (not in like a giving out way but more so due the the apparent immense strain a thing like like sitting down, getting up, poring water into a mug causes ......

This! ALL the time!

And the worse thing is, I live on my own so I have no idea who I think my audience is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sticking my tongue out when I'm trying to concentrate Cleaning my ears, it's a compulsion
    Your ears must be filthy to require that much concentration.

I think I have one of those one track minds, I can literally only think of one thing at a time. The Amount of dinners I've let burn when I'm not 4 ft away from the cooker because I got distracted and completely forgot I was in the middle of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

World's worst procrastinator! Never do today what you can put off for at least two weeks. :mad:

Cleaning my ears with a hairclip. Better than sex but probably discusting to watch

The lid of bic biros are my personal favourite for this. I keep two in my desk at work and both get used in alternately.
    Deedsie wrote: »
    I always use the metric system. Imperial is stupid and I struggle not to correct people who use imperial. I can be rude/annoying about it at times.

That would be something that would annoy me (correcting me if I use imperial). I use a mix of both. All metric at work but I couldn't tell you my height or weight in anything but stone and feet/inches. My car does mpg and I pump my tyres in PSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Humming (tunelessly) to myself. I get a song on the brain and have been known to keep humming it for a couple of days.

• Advertisement

I've never knowingly thrown out or given away a book, even if I've read it more than once. The attics of my grandmothers house is full of things I might read again. I use a Kindle now, so it's not an ongoing issue, just one yet to be resolved.

I constantly tidy the contents of my fridge if someone has moved anything.

I have some beautiful notebooks with cotton and linen paper that were gifted to me. I want to use them, but I don't want to mark those pristine pages either.

I buy new shampoo or other toiletries and open and use them before I finish the last lot, just to test run them. It means a lot of clutter around the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Walking into a room to get something, forgetting why I went in there so going back to first room to remember.
    It annoys me and makes everyone else laugh.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When I sit down at the kitchen table at home I always say "Now". Even if it's just me. It doesn't happen at any other table.

I've no idea why, when I say it I instantly realise it and get annoyed with myself.

Ha! Not me, but my cousin can't stand up from a table without saying "Riiight!".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Being too sexy!!!!

Candie wrote: »
    Ha! Not me, but my cousin can't stand up from a table without saying "Riiight!".

Hi cuz. Pretty sure I do that. :D

• Advertisement

Hi cuz. Pretty sure I do that. :D

You still owe me that 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

If I want to yawn I'll yawn as loud as I possibly can, and stretch as wide as I like. Try and stop me.

You still owe me that 20!

Uhm, I thought I gave that back the night you were stone drunk and wouldn't remember anything.

Uhm, I thought I gave that back the night you were stone drunk and wouldn't remember anything.

I'm afraid the game is up.

I don't drink. :)

I'm afraid the game is up.

I don't drink. :)

You're only lying to yourself. We all know the truth :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Robineen

maudgonner wrote: »
    I'm a divil for opening new bottles/cartons/boxes of stuff before I've finished the old ones. My bathroom is littered with nearly-finished bottles of shampoo & conditioner.

My husband does this and as I hate waste, it drives me daft. But it driving me daft amuses him so that only encourages him more. It's a vicious cycle. :D
    That would be something that would annoy me (correcting me if I use imperial). I use a mix of both. All metric at work but I couldn't tell you my height or weight in anything but stone and feet/inches.

Same. If someone told me they were 1.65 metres in height and weighed 65 kg, that would mean absolutely nothing to me. I can't visualise it. Height has to be feet and inches and weight in stones and pounds for me, or maybe weight in pounds on its own would be OK too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Total daydreamer. I have to really focus on listening to a conversation or I'll be away off thinking about shíte.

And I tend to either not talk at all or talk way way way too much, never can hit the sweet spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

If I'm talking and someone interrupts me in the middle of a sentence I always have to go back to the beginning of the sentence and start again. It drives everyone around me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Jigging my legs.

Drives me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Starting to tell a story, and then five sentences into it I realise I have absolutely no idea why I started it.

May be age related :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I have a habit of finishing other people's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I have a habit of finishing other people's

Dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I put empty milk cartons back in the fridge. Doesn't annoy me but it annoys other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I over think everything, and agonise hours later over the smallest of things where I think I may have said or done something stupid.
    As another poster said sometimes I feel like I have babbled at someone, and other times am so quiet I think I may have come across as stand offish.
    I talk to myself when shopping and make racing car noises going around the corners of the aisles with the trolley. Other than that I'm fairly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

I've never knowingly thrown out or given away a book, even if I've read it more than once. The attics of my grandmothers house is full of things I might read again. I use a Kindle now, so it's not an ongoing issue, just one yet to be resolved.

I used to do that. I had thousands of books. I moved to buying only hardcover books in the hopes that I would buy less, but simply bought the same amount and spent more.

Five years ago I donated all my books to the local hospital, keeping only those that would be hard to find or out of print. Since then I order my books online from the library that is one block from my workplace. It was very cathartic, and I am so happy that I removed my book hoarding habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I cannot see food without eating it !

If we get a takeaway or go out , i will finish mine and be full and satisfied but if she doesn't finish hers I have to eat it ,to the point of unpleasantly full even if it is a dish I do not like.

I now work in an office where there is always free chocolate and biscuits ,often dropped in by suppliers for new product launches . I would never buy a bar of chocolate or biscuits in a shop but if they are sitting there I will keep grazing on them until they are gone , again often while commenting how these are horrible and will never take off !

I blame my mother for insisting we cleaned our plates when young and going on about starving kids in Africa !

When I first moved out of home into my own place despite not being over weight I still dropped two stone (i looked like I had cancer ) by nature of not putting so much food in my own Fridge and not missing it. Out of sight out of mind .

Procrastination. Terrible, terrible, procrastination.
    I was getting around to saying procrastination too.

I decided to leave it 'til tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Clicky pens. If I'm working on something and have one in my hand I'll be clicking it absentmindedly. Eventually I'll realise what I'm doing and be annoyed by it. But I'll keep doing it anyway, cause it's impossible not to click a clicky pen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Chewing pens. I'll realise it and put it down and then before I know it it's back there again being chewed to oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Indecision. I can wander around a shop with something in my hand and talk to myself for 10 minutes and put it back. Later on regretting that I didn't buy it.

I mean what's the issue? I could always bring the bleeding thing back!! Just can't make decisions to save my life.

Advertisement