Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you get a raise this year?

Options
  • 30-01-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Well, will you? :pac: If replying let us know what sector you work in

Me: I don't know. My employer seems to think that since I got one last year, I shouldn't get one this year. Despite being demonstrably underpaid. I work in IT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I work in IT also. I'm only in my job a few months. Would be doubtful on getting a raise. Always on the lookout for better paid jobs though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

**** and no.
    Finance: been working on a project since September under my own initiative which will save the company.
    Won't see a cent for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Yes, I have moved to the top floor.

Yep, as part of a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got one €5 a week, suppose it will buy me a sandwich for one day a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I will get an increment. Public sector, but a very low grade with salary to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Warehouse worker.

We've been fighting for a raise now for a few months and have a meeting on friday with management to see what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

retail worker: I doubt it very much but it would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Warehouse worker.

We've been fighting for a raise now for a few months and have a meeting on friday with management to see what they have to say.

Best of luck.

Got one last year so doubt I'll get one this year. No harm in asking though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Warehouse worker.

10 euro an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm being promoted next week. I will be getting a pay rise of about €6 per week after tax. Public sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Private sector, IT... Hopefully 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Work in IT. Should find out soon. I do expect to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Somehow I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Yes. Got promoted last week. Work in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Umm, probably. Won't be huge, wasn't last year. There's also a profit-sharing bonus sort of thing. I could hoor myself off out somewhere else for Decadent Roman Empire sort of money, but with the world the way it is I'm reluctant to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Yes. Got promoted last week. Work in IT.

Congrats!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Asked for payrise as was considerably behind my peers with similar levels of experience but I was outperforming them.

Was told I wasn't going to get a cent extra so I applied elsewhere and start new job this week..65% payeise....I work in banking....moving between companies is the only way to get a decent payrise in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep, recently got promoted to a new role which bumped the salary up a bit, and am due an increase in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pension has advised 2% minimum rise this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭sjb25

Well I get my increment yes public service obviously;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I havent had a pay rise in the last 10 years.
    But we are in discussions about one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Pension has advised 2% minimum rise this year.

My pension limited to 2% but unlikely (once again) this year - CPI has to exceed 2% to get a rise. It's currently 0%. ( obviously no insurance in the basket they use)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Self employed, so I'll have a meeting and decide if I deserve one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

368100 wrote: »
    Asked for payrise as was considerably behind my peers with similar levels of experience but I was outperforming them.

Was told I wasn't going to get a cent extra so I applied elsewhere and start new job this week..65% payeise....I work in banking....moving between companies is the only way to get a decent payrise in the industry.

This 100%, had to do something similar when i made my last move. Hoping this year my current employer will have something reasonable on the table, if not the area im in means i have some options

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yep, switched jobs after 3 months and got a 15k rise. Work in IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LOL, a pay rise.. I'm in the defence forces, I've suffered nothing but cuts in almost ten years.

A pay rise, bwahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Self employed, up a few hundred on January last year, talk to me again next month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yep, switched jobs after 3 months and got a 15k rise. Work in IT.

You mind me asking how you managed that? Fair play to you. Must have been on peanuts in the first place?

Advertisement