Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline installation query

Options
  • 29-01-2017 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have a query in relation to landline installation. I am looking at a premises in Rylane in County Cork ( eircode P32 VH98  ) which is currently listed as having 1Mb speeds. I am wondering if the planned roll out of a new exchange at Carriganimmy will improve the speeds at this premises.  [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The house does not have a landline installed, however the house across the road does have one. I was looking for information regarding getting landline installed there: what would be the estimated broadband speed at this location, what would the installation costs be, and if there is any minimum contract requirement with Eir after having the landline installed.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Kind regards,[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

mireia_mpf wrote: »
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have a query in relation to landline installation. I am looking at a premises in Rylane in County Cork ( eircode P32 VH98  ) which is currently listed as having 1Mb speeds. I am wondering if the planned roll out of a new exchange at Carriganimmy will improve the speeds at this premises.  [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The house does not have a landline installed, however the house across the road does have one. I was looking for information regarding getting landline installed there: what would be the estimated broadband speed at this location, what would the installation costs be, and if there is any minimum contract requirement with Eir after having the landline installed.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Kind regards,[/font]
    Hi  mireia_mpf,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the premises is connected to the fibre to the home network (FTTH) then yes, speeds should improve. At the minute FTTH is not available in this area so we would be unable to advise until the service is live. 

The estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services is 2017/2018.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mireia_mpf

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for your answer. However I was more concerned about getting landline since the house does not have it.
    Could you let me know more information about getting landline installed? Costs associated, what would be the speed of the broadband connection if getting landline on that location, also if there is any minimum contract requirement with Eir for having the line installed.
    Thanks,
    Mireia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

mireia_mpf wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for your answer. However I was more concerned about getting landline since the house does not have it.
    Could you let me know more information about getting landline installed? Costs associated, what would be the speed of the broadband connection if getting landline on that location, also if there is any minimum contract requirement with Eir for having the line installed.
    Thanks,
    Mireia
    No problem  mireia_mpf.
    A landline installation is usually free however a contract would apply. The standard lead time for an installation is up to 10 working days. I'm afraid if it is a new installation we would be unable to advise on speeds until the landline is active and we are able to prequal it.
    You can view the options available on our website here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭slystallone

Hi, How did you get on in the end? you got it installed ok? Am in the same boat myself

Advertisement