Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Cert

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi Everyone,
    just wondering has anyone or is anyone doing the westport course.
    Im working full time and have applied for pallaskenry got info pack and will have travel on fridays and stay over to do the saturdays aswell.
    Im thinking the westport would be a great option from me watching the classes from home I would have no problem travelling an odd saturday to westport and i seen it was only about 4-5 saturdays in the year?
    Need to get back to pallas before Wednesday to see if im taking the course phoned westport and left a message so hoping will get a call back.
    Any advice appreciated,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

revoke12 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    just wondering has anyone or is anyone doing the westport course.
    Im working full time and have applied for pallaskenry got info pack and will have travel on fridays and stay over to do the saturdays aswell.
    Im thinking the westport would be a great option from me watching the classes from home I would have no problem travelling an odd saturday to westport and i seen it was only about 4-5 saturdays in the year?
    Need to get back to pallas before Wednesday to see if im taking the course phoned westport and left a message so hoping will get a call back.
    Any advice appreciated,

I'm doing the Westport one and find it handy enough so far anyhow , its all online and the 4 saturdays were given to us at the beginning of the year so its easy to plan when you need to travel .
    They are hard to get on the phone up there so maybe shoot them an email aswell to get a reply . I dont know if they're taking on for next year or not yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jobseek

Im also on the westport one, keep phoning until you get a reply, poor enough at getting back to emails/ messages.

Online is far handier than attesting teagasc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I see Clonakilty Ag College advertising online Green Cert, starting next Tuesday.
    For people who hold a Level 6 or Higher Major Award in a non-agricultural discipline.
    02388832500 email clonakilty.college@teagasc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MinkeyMonkey

Hi all,
    looking for a bit of advice - I ve just found out I am in the future to inherit a farm. I'm not from a farming background so its all a bit of a shock to be honest, but also very exciting.
    Anyway I m too old to qualify for any young farmer relief but interested in maybe doing green cert - I have a few friends who did the ag college thing back in the day and said it was grand and handy but they grew up on farms and took for granted years of education through their families.
    The online course would be ideal as I'm working full time but if people have done any smaller courses to help prepare them or they'd recommend it. I understand if farm land is leased to farmer I'd qualify for ag relief once I meet the asset test and may well do that but would love to learn as much about various aspects of farming as I can and maybe try a few different things with it.
    Any recommendations very welcome.

Hi Donadea Leo, I have no advice for you either but I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you. I'm 34 now so would have time to do a green cert to qualify for this succession planning tax break before turning 40. Don't know much about it and know nothing about farming (except that it's not as easy life and will never make me into a millionaire!) but I'm willing to give it a go. I'd be interested in any advice you might get here too.

Advertisement