Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foreign registered ambulance

Options
  • 18-01-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,141 ✭✭✭✭

I was on the M50 this morning when i seen an ambulance in my rear view mirror. Myself and the rest of the cars changed lanes and gave it room to pass. when it passed by i noticed that it just said "ambulance" and nothing else. The organisation it belonged to was not mentioned. It also had a northern ireland number plate. Are foreign ambulances allowed to use blue flashing lights and sirens? What would a northern ireland ambulance be doing working in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Patient transfer?

Could be doing private work. I've seen one around a few times doing events.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 victory65

And the problem is..??.. It's an ambulance..regardless if it has blue lights flashing on it..?, pull over and let it go by..
    If you were you or your love ones in the back of it, I doubt if would care, what registration plate was on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

That's it, I'm buying an ambulance for the commute to work so....
    https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/transit-ambulance-/13997269

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

victory65 wrote: »
    And the problem is..??.. It's an ambulance..regardless if it has blue lights flashing on it..?, pull over and let it go by..
    If you were you or your love ones in the back of it, I doubt if would care, what registration plate was on it..

Why would you pull over and let it go by if the blue lights weren't on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What's to say it was a real ambulance. Wasn't there a lad prosecuted last year for driving around in a jeep he had done up to look like one of those reaction doctors jeeps or whatever they are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Only ambulances belonging to/in use by PHECC (https://www.phecit.ie/) approved organisations have exemptions under the RTA

• Registered Users Posts: 40,141 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

timmywex wrote: »
    Only ambulances belonging to/in use by PHECC (https://www.phecit.ie/) approved organisations have exemptions under the RTA

thank you for the sensible and informative response.

Advertisement