Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the next crash inevitable or has anything changed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know, this time just feels different though, need to watch what happens with QE and various other things for the next while before I decide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

Thargor wrote: »
    I know, this time just feels different though, need to watch what happens with QE and various other things for the next while before I decide.

Haven't you been holding on for years now?? Or it that someone else on here??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Coming up on a year Id say alright. I was going to go for a house of my own instead of paying rent and get a couple of lodgers in to get the 14k rent a room tax free every year but prices have gotten out of range now and Im back to looking for other forms of return now. Cash pile increasing all the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Coming up on a year Id say alright. I was going to go for a house of my own instead of paying rent and get a couple of lodgers in to get the 14k rent a room tax free every year but prices have gotten out of range now and Im back to looking for other forms of return now. Cash pile increasing all the time though.

Just saying this as food for thought and not saying what you should have done/should do now, but if you had put your money in VTI a year ago it would have grown by almost 25% while you have been worrying about a crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Duke of Moral Hazard

US Debt Ceiling Shenanigans -> 15th March

Dutch Elections -> 15th March

French Elections -> April - May

Should be fun!

... and not forgetting the usual suspects:

Advertisement