Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Buzzkill.

Et Tu Mr E?

death-of-caesar.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The benefits of a classical education....

FYSZ.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The benefits of a classical education....
    Too bee or not to bee, that is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Come on guys

P0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Super Lucky's Tale demo e-shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

And it's looks, sounds and plays fine.
    But not galaxy, world or odessey fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It looks grand, but I still have to get through Yooka Laylee, so that will scratch that itch. In fairness to Microsoft, between Ori and Cuphead, they've nailed Switch ports (and their performance)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Children of Morta reviews for Switch are popping up now. Seems to be 9/10 across the board and Switchwatch says it's a contender for indie game of the year.

Basically a beautiful pixel art Diablo game with randomised dungeons (but a good progression system so you're always getting stronger and getting further).

Out on Wednesday for €21.99 digitally (no major savings in other regions) and there will be a physical edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ignoring all the fuss online, and Sword/Shield players got feedback on what the new games are like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Aside from Animal Crossing what are the big Switch games due for 2020? Doesn’t seem to be too much of any great quality to preorder from shops

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There will be plenty. Nintendo unlike other companies don't announce a lot of their games months/years in advance. For instance Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain were announced and released in a few weeks.

Nintendo are concentrating on Xmas at the moment. New games for 2020 will begin to be announced in a direct in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

AMGer wrote: »
    Aside from Animal Crossing what are the big Switch games due for 2020? Doesn’t seem to be too much of any great quality to preorder from shops

Maybe Bayonetta 3, BOTW 2, Deadly Premonition 2 & No More Heroes 3. The latter 2 I don't expect to be particularly great tbh.

I forget but Shin Megami Tensai V might release but I won't hold my breath. It was announced nearly 3 years ago now.

Nobody has a clue when Metroid Prime 4 will come out either as they scrapped that and restarted again after announcing it the year prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ERG89 wrote: »

Nobody has a clue when Metroid Prime 4 will come out either as they scrapped that and restarted again after announcing it the year prior.

Or did they????

giphy.gif

:pac:

But yeah, Nintendo are great for keeping things under wraps, i prefer to be surprised to be honest. The constant feeding of trailers and new screenshots to increase the "hype" does nothing for you but spoil the game. Great for marketing, bad for you :)

Thats why Nintendo the bomb yo! /hi5

Nomad Games is coming to Nintendo Switch!
    We're excited to announce we're bringing our much-loved board game adaptations to the Switch with Fighting Fantasy releasing 29th November and Talisman Digital Edition and Mystic Vale landing in 2020!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dgLGLy6k-D4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    For instance Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain were announced and released in a few weeks.

Pretty sure both of those were announced in 2018, nearly a full year (if not more) in LM3s case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

AMGer wrote: »
    Pretty sure both of those were announced in 2018, nearly a full year (if not more) in LM3s case

Correct, astral chain trailer was defo released last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

9 months ago from what i can tell from youtube.. and the games out what, 3-4 months?

Still beats 3-4 years :P

I would love to see a roster of stone cold classics appear on the Switch roster for 2020.
    I guess the complaint was "Not enough sequels to the IPs we love" versus "why no new IPs, no more random genres with Mario shoeghorned in!!"

I don't know...
    I can live with both.

Give me Metroid Prime 4 and Grand Theft Auto: New Donk City

Metroid Prime 4 won't be out next year, it's so far off it may get a dual release on Switch and the next system, akin to BOTW.

There are some known games that could be ready but we've seen next to nothing of them yet, e.g. Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei 5.

I think there'll be more Wii U ports, there's still lots good enough to transfer. Perhaps even a Gamecube HD remake or 2.

Pikmin 4 might be taken out of the vault. Kirby games are easy and quick enough to churn out, they're almost an annual thing. Ubisoft may do another collaboration with Nintendo, say Donkey Kong/Rayman platformer.

I still can't believe that Metroid Prime 4 is the only new thing that we'll see from Retro Studios in almost a decade by the time it arrives. Why would Nintendo give them the franchise if that was the case?

2020 might see a new franchise from Nintendo's young developers. You could throw out any idea of a new installment in say F-Zero or Kid Icarus but you just don't know with Nintendo.

• Advertisement

I be needin' Super Mario 3D World Dx....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I am dreaming of Fallout 3 or New Vegas for the switch.

If it can handle The Witcher it can handle those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

nedd wrote: »
    I am dreaming of Fallout 3 or New Vegas for the switch.

If it can handle The Witcher it can handle those games.

The Outer Worlds is coming to the Switch next year.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore New Elements Detailed
    The Famitsu feature includes an overview of the new elements added to the Nintendo Switch port of the formerly Wii U exclusive title, and some of the details have been leaked.
    • New songs and music videos have been added.
    • All songs, including the new songs by Kiria Kurono and Tsubasa Oribe, are produced by the Japanese production company Avex.
    • New costumes have been added.
    • Players can choose to keep or remove Tsubasa’s glasses.
    • The president of Fortuna Entertainment Maiko Shimazaki (voiced by Ami Koshimizu) participates in battle in the form of Sessions (and not as a whole new playable character) with a new costume.
    • Tiki (voiced by Sumire Morohoshi) also participates in battle via Sessions, with additional story elements.
    • Encore features a new adventure for the protagonists, with an additional dungeon.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore will be released for the Nintendo Switch on January 17, 2020.

https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-new-elements/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

ERG89 wrote: »
    The Outer Worlds is coming to the Switch next year.

Shh, don't kill the dream of getting both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I want Xcom..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yakult wrote: »
    I want Xcom..

Ditto. Hoping Empire of Sin proves a nice alternative though.

I see Alien Isolation's release date has been announced as December 5th.

Ditto. Hoping Empire of Sin proves a nice alternative though.

I see Alien Isolation's release date has been announced as December 5th.

It's digital only though and the collection version including all the DLC on PSN has been on sale as recently as Halloween for around €15. And the Nostromo Edition can be bought new physically for less than €12. Whereas it will be €35 on Switch, it came out in 2014.

Edit: Here's the recent trailer.

Alien: Isolation – Coming to Nintendo Switch on 5 December

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C0oDupBznaE

Moving Out - Reveal Trailer (Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qGxKF2TiNOQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    It's digital only though and the collection version including all the DLC on PSN has been on sale as recently as Halloween for around €15. And the Nostromo Edition can be bought new physically for less than €12. Whereas it will be €35 on Switch, it came out in 2014.

Edit: Here's the recent trailer.

Alien: Isolation – Coming to Nintendo Switch on 5 December

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C0oDupBznaE

Ah, that will drop fairly fast. It's not free to port from PS4 to Switch, so there's going to be a cost. I've learned that a 30% drop for these type of games normally comes around fairly fast, and if you can wait (and I can!), wait!

Advertisement