Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2017

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

Alhassan by KO was always the way to go! I think I had him perfect, but lucky cos that was a shocking stoppage.

I suppose the top guys are always gonna have so many matching picks when they're correct!

God I hate Felice herrig. Went Casey and had a change of heart but got there too late :(

wow, it is CLOSE at the top! 105 points between the three of ye. great fun card so far. yancy/cowboy could take round of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

3175 I'll take that! 11/13 for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Was on a night out in Galway. At 10.30pm I was like **** my picks. Rattled through them not really thinking. Awake to find that I've 12/13 with 8 perfect :D. Pity I couldn't get that luck all the time.

11 decisions :eek: fingers crossed it's one of those nights!

You wonder who decides what a "tight match up" is sometimes because some of them really don't seem to be!

• Advertisement

Well it was a night with a good few decisions just not my ones :pac:

155 off top spot and back up to 2nd after a horror show from vkram he just had my ufc China moment!

Well it was a night with a good few decisions just not my ones :pac:

155 off top spot and back up to 2nd after a horror show from vkram he just had my ufc China moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Keeping in touch nicely jimmii. That's all you need. Keep yourself in a position to strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I actually ony look at leaderboard to see how your doing.

I actually ony look at leaderboard to see how your doing.

Yeah I'm the same. in fairness he's ruined the Boards league this year.. ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the same. in fairness he's ruined the Boards league this year.. ;)

Lol! Sure it's your fault for beating me last year!

Good few tight ones this week. Fingers crossed after being on the wrong end of those in China a couple can go my way this time!

This is not looking good :eek:

jimmii wrote: »
    This is not looking good :eek:

Having my worst card in ages, end of year jitters!

Only just brought myself to look at the overall it wasn't as bad as I feared!

Its a shame this is quite a one sided card question now is to Holm or not to Holm.

I'd say judge it later in the night (are you staying up? ) if there's a significant enough gap you'll have no choice but to go for Holm.

I'm at a wedding so depends how that goes might not be making the best decisions by then :pac:

jimmii wrote:
    I'm at a wedding so depends how that goes might not be making the best decisions by then

Who knows. Might be the best decisions you ever make. Nothing to lose really.

Who knows. Might be the best decisions you ever make. Nothing to lose really.

Was just thinking about it.

Going into the main event say the standings were:

Team A
    Team B 100 points behind
    Team C 500 points behind

If you're Team A do you go Cyborg or do you go Holm assuming Team B and probably also team C go Holm? I think it makes sense for them to both go Holm so then maybe I should just stick with Cyborg anyway! Weird situation to be in if things don't change much.

jimmii wrote:
    If you're Team A do you go Cyborg or do you go Holm assuming Team B and probably also team C go Holm? I think it makes sense for them to both go Holm so then maybe I should just stick with Cyborg anyway! Weird situation to be in if things don't change much.

Personally Id go with the strong favorite but then again I'm only top 50 haha so what do I know. If there's a guy only 100 points behind me then the difference between winning and losing could be picking the correct round and method of victory so I don't think he could afford to go for Holm.

• Advertisement

Personally Id go with the strong favorite but then again I'm only top 50 haha so what do I know. If there's a guy only 100 points behind me then the difference between winning and losing could be picking the correct round and method of victory so I don't think he could afford to go for Holm.

If you're second then I think you have a better chance going Holm than trying to get correct round/finish and for it to be different to first. Tricky spot if it plays out like that!

This is almost as tense as the fights themselves! Keep us posted. How are you picking for the main card?

I've got condit/esparza/diakese/khabib/cyborg. A bit torn on esparza, calvillo is very good but carla looked fantastic in her last fight.

Hard luck jimmii. Very decent year finishing top three in the world. Phenomenal. Finished 38th myself. Any other year I'd have ran away with the Boards league. Haha. Well done. If I'm following right it's looks like the guy who started the evening top got narrowly overtaken tonight. Sickener for him.

Hard luck jimmii. Very decent year finishing top three in the world. Phenomenal. Finished 38th myself. Any other year I'd have ran away with the Boards league. Haha. Well done. If I'm following right it's looks like the guy who started the evening top got narrowly overtaken tonight. Sickener for him.

Yeah he did. Vkram was top for a long time around October/November I think it was him I went ahead of at the time. In a way I'm glad it wasn't closer as I would have been disgusted if it had been the late notice Werdum fight that had cost me!

It was fun to have such a good run fingers crossed for more of the same next year! Been nice to have so much support here made it feel much of a group effort!

jimmii wrote:
    It was fun to have such a good run fingers crossed for more of the same next year! Been nice to have so much support here made it feel much of a group effort!

You left us with little other option by going so far ahead. Haha. Would be nice if you "threw" a few events next year just to make it more competitive.

You left us with little other option by going so far ahead. Haha. Would be nice if you "threw" a few events next year just to make it more competitive.

Guessing the end of the year is a better indicator of how it will go next year! Seemed to hardly get anything right in December!

Advertisement