Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

44 bus from Enniskerry

Options
  • 09-01-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how reliable the 44 Dublin Bus from Enniskerry to DCU is in the mornings? I'm starting a new job in Drumcondra and the 44 would be ideal.

Does it often run late? How long does it take to get to Drumcondra in reality (aside from the estimates on the timetable)?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

997 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how reliable the 44 Dublin Bus from Enniskerry to DCU is in the mornings? I'm starting a new job in Drumcondra and the 44 would be ideal.

Does it often run late? How long does it take to get to Drumcondra in reality (aside from the estimates on the timetable)?

Thanks a million!

The morning departures are generally reliable. The 06:45 departure from Enniskerry gets to the city centre for about 8am so would be in Drumcondra for about 8:15. The 07:15 departure gets caught in a lot of traffic and would take longer. The journey planner has it reaching Drumcondra Station at 9am but I would allow extra time.

Like all peak time journeys, it only takes bad weather or an accident to delay things. I would advise to track both buses on the Dublin Bus app over the next few mornings and see how they time out.

Good luck with the new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

997 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks a million!

The morning departures are usually reliable but once it hits Dundrum the traffic is a nightmare (especially during school terms) and there's not much in the way of bus lanes from Dundrum into town. When I get the bus, I usually get off at Balally and catch the Luas the rest of the way in - then I Dublin Bike the rest of the way.

Advertisement