Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long is normal for a cat to be gone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I do hope he comes back - one of ours (neutured) used to go off on his holidays any time it was sunny. I used to be out shouting for him and if he was close he would hear me and come back

Longest ever time he went off, was seven weeks. I really thought he was a gonna. He did come back though, chubby as ever so I'd guess someone had been feeding him.

I hope your boy is home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It's mating season.If he isn't neutered he's out and about. making more kittens and fighting with other cats. :-(

This.

An un-neutered tom will travel up to seven miles in search of a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Also may I add, getting him neutered will most likely stop him wandering off looking for his hole, someone else said its mating season, but its not normally at this time of the year, but sometimes the odd female comes in heat and thats what your fella could be after

The cats are definitely coming into heat now as we had a mild winter. Some are pregnant already. (I work neutering feral cats.)

Advertisement