Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Pal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭emaherx

Check his last comment, there may be an extra step depending on how you've installed HA. Do you know which install process you used?

Node-Red definitly worth looking at, its a low code programing environment entirely separate from Home Assistant great for automation too.

There are however Node-Red HA addon/integrations which allow you to use Node-Red to as part of HA. It's a very powerful tool and much friendlier to a novice than YAML.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I'll give that a go, I've no access to the box at the moment.

I used the qemu/kvm disk image and it's running as a VM in kvm

Thanks for that, the Node-Red add-on sounds like it might be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭emaherx

@limnam this is a quick example of pulling data from a table on a webpage using Node-Red. It's easy to create a sensor in Home Assistant from there. Also very easy to see what's changing in the data at every stage.

Post edited by emaherx on

Advertisement