Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Aston Villa. FA cup

Options
  • 07-01-2017 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Might be no harm to put out a half decent team for this seeing that we don't have a mid week game coming up,we should win this game without to much bother despite Villas recent improvement..I would love for us to win the FA cup even though many Spurs fans probably don't give a s***e about the competition anymore.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Would also love to win it, any trophy would be great. Loads of changes vorm tripper dier Wimmer Davies winks dembele son Georgie eriksen Jansen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dont put out a crap team for this please...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's on BBC.

I'd expect wholesale changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Vorm, Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies, Dier (C), Winks, Sissoko, Son, Janssen

Subs: Pau Lopez, Walker-Peters, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dele, Onomah, Nkoudou.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I like that team. Should be more than strong enough to beat a poor Villa. Nice to see CCV getting a start. Janssen better knock in a goal or two, for his own sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

prodsc wrote: »
    Vorm, Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies, Dier (C), Winks, Sissoko, Son, Janssen

Why risk Toby?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Really hope we try and win this competition. Looking forward to seeing winks Vickers and trippier playing and yeah Jansen better start showing why we bought him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Poor game,Villa not interested in attacking,we've had 70% possession with only one shot on goal.

Jansen looks so far off the standard required. We need another striker pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

tom1ie wrote: »
    Jansen looks so far off the standard required. We need another striker pronto.
    100% agree.

• Advertisement

Great header! Great cross!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Well done sisoko! Good finish by son as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Trippier is very good option when needed. Nice to get some of de squad playing. What can ya say to Jansen? Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Why risk Toby?

I'd say he was out there for fitness more than anything else.

Wasn't a great game, but can't argue with a mostly 2nd string team getting the result we wanted.

I'm starting to agree that Janssen doesn't look like he's going to come good. Needs to stop getting the ball with his back to goal, and actually attack the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    Wasn't a great game, but can't argue with a mostly 2nd string team getting the result we wanted.

I'm starting to agree that Janssen doesn't look like he's going to come good. Needs to stop getting the ball with his back to goal, and actually attack the defence.

Id love if he just stood at the edge of the six yard box the whole match and looked for a ball instead of coming off out the field to get the ball. Ive heard Alan Shearer say the same thing numerous times since he signed. He has talent but theres so,ething not right.

I was tring to imbedd from You Tube that goal he scored for Holland late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Was in the background, making bloody dinner, or at least trying to. Villa we're so bloody negative, it's a cup game. There's no points at stake, have a go ffs. I remember when Bruce was managing Hull.

2-0 up against Arsenal in the final, shuts up shop early. Should of been going for the jugular, they were so negative that I was cheering Arsenal on. They deserved to lose. God knows when they'll reach another final.

The longer Janssen's drought continues, the worse it becomes, looks broken. Yesterday was ideal to boost confidence. He'll either get loaned/sold or regain his touch and start banging them in.

I hope it's the latter. I want him to succeed. Gotta be the hardiest position to fill, and get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

If Poch hauls him off after an hour against Villa then he's never gonna trust him is he? Which means we're effectively back to one out and out striker. If Harry gets injured I'd expect Son or Alli to be used up front before Janssen.

I'd be a bit surprised if we bought someone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

FA cup resume this Sunday for us afik

• Advertisement

Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup
    5th Round
    14:00BBC One / BBC One HD

I'd send the kids off to Genk tonight and play our strongest team v Fulham and give it the respect it deserves IMHO

davycc wrote: »
    I'd send the kids off to Genk tonight and play our strongest team v Fulham and give it the respect it deserves IMHO

Agreed, if were in a favorable position then take off those key players when the job is done. The last game against Wycombe was Chinese torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

We are not going to win the prem, surely we should be putting out a strong team in both competitions.

I'd much rather us do well in the Europa League then the FA cup. Obviously a trophy would be great to win, but in terms of actual pay off, the EL is way more important. Champions League football for winning the EL, ahead of nothing but a bit of prestige for winning the FA cup. It's a lot harder to win, but if we can't beat the kinds of teams we'd play in the later stages of the EL, we'll never be able to beat teams in the CL.

Strrong team this evening, think there will be a good few rested on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

Is it on telly tonight lads

Is it on telly tonight lads

eirsport 1 and Bt3 at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

eirsport 1 and Bt3 at 6pm

Cheers

• Advertisement

2 nil,2 Ericsson cross finished by 2 Kane volleys