Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Freeview / freesat box recommendation

• 06-01-2017 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ kitcatz

Hi, we recently changed from Virgin Media to Eir, so now we don't get a lot of the channels that we used to get with Virgin (True Movies etc)...so we're thinking of getting a freesat/freeview/saorview box. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good one. Would they all give you the same channels, no matter which one I choose, and if I buy one from a UK website, would it work here.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ swoofer

get this one from here, does the lot

http://www.freetv.ie/edision-os-mega/

and you get a discount if you quote baords ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭ winston_1

That is neither a Freeview, Freesat, or Saorview box. Bot no one makes such a combination.

It will get you the channels but not the red button text. Nor will it put them in the correct order or keep them when there are frequency changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭ FRIENDO

It says it will do an automatic frequency change update on the Enigma 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ kitcatz

Thanks for your replies. It looks like a good one. At the moment I'm just trying to figure out what channels we're missing. I've just seen that €10 extra a month will get some of the channels with Eir, so I think the only channels we'd get on a freeview box that we'd want would be True Movies and Challenge, I'm not sure if its worth paying €200 for them. Still considering it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ tapfit2004

kitcatz wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. It looks like a good one. At the moment I'm just trying to figure out what channels we're missing. I've just seen that €10 extra a month will get some of the channels with Eir, so I think the only channels we'd get on a freeview box that we'd want would be True Movies and Challenge, I'm not sure if its worth paying €200 for them. Still considering it though!

If they are the only 2 channels that you want you could get a secondhand sky box and set up your favorite lists with whatever channels you want. A sky box will give you all the free satellite channels that are on 28 east without a subscription card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ kitcatz

Thanks for that, that sounds great. I'll try that!

Advertisement