Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't upgrading phones be easier?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

niallb wrote: »
    SMS Backup+ backs up each call as a single entry to the calendar.
    I can't see how a single entry per day would be as useful.
    You get to choose which calendar it backs up calls to,
    I use a seperate google calendar just for these called CALLS.
    That way I can turn it off with a click on the calendar,
    but when it's turned on my calls for the day are superimposed on my main calendar in a different colour. If you don't want calls on a calendar it can save the call details as an email in the same way as it does for SMS.

Aha, it's own calendar, of course, I never thought of that :D Thanks a lot I'm definitely going to set that up, have a lifetime history of my calls through Google would be sweet.

Is it possible to stick all the backed up SMS in one location then too? I know I've a few different "labels" set up on my gmail account for different email addresses I'm backing up through it that I can just access from the side, but I got someone bit more versed to set it up for me, but think it might be possible too?

I use TEXTRA app, from what I know, the SMS aren't stored how they typically are, so hopefully there won't be any issues :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Skatedude wrote: »
    buy new phone, login to goggle account and done

I wouldn't rely on that - sometimes it reinstalls your apps, often it doesn't and it has never (in my experience) preserved the settings correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭niallb

cormie wrote: »
    Is it possible to stick all the backed up SMS in one location then too? I know I've a few different "labels" set up on my gmail account for different email addresses I'm backing up through it that I can just access from the side, but I got someone bit more versed to set it up for me, but think it might be possible too?

SMSBackup+ defaults to labelling them all SMS, but you can choose.
    You can also choose all texts or just ones from any contact group.
    Saving to calendar is in the call log settings under advanced, and may not work yet in Nougat. The call logging as email is pretty good too.

I just checked my own mail, and I've all sent and received SMS messages since August 2010 available. Very handy for getting a clear picture of how you spent your month if you use texts for work as I guess you probably do.
    It's the first app I install on every new phone I've had since the HTC Desire!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sounds good, I think I used it before, but just to backup stuff before switching to a new phone and never used it again after, but I think it sounds like it'll be an essential now!

I just hope it works with textra :)

Advertisement