Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dan Steely

Looks like the problem is my Sky+HD. Only 4, 5 and 6 available. Had this problem before with a BBC program, some episodes available on Q were not available on the HD box.

Looks like I will have to watch online.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

I have Sky Q and can't see episode 7 through the catch up option - only through the app feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A national scandal for a 'Catholic' country

Wow, the odds of that happening must be fairly slim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭YellowLead

What intelligent lovely caring women.

I shudder when I think of the women that had to go through what their mother did. Thank god a lot of that is gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Good opening to the show, could tell they were closely related as I was late tuning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Didn’t think they looked anything alike!

Another interesting guest with the astronaut.

I feel like the next one will have to be a vogue Williams type to balance it out…!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Flying in space is probably amazing, but way too terrifying for me to ever consider trying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So they are sisters yes

Never understood the fascination about space and the money put into it.

If the moon is so important, why hadn't there been a landing there since the 70s since this week?

From what I can see, space travel is basically a very expensive and dangerous photography trip

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He makes it sound a bit boring

Going to Mars?

We've wrecked one planet as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There was a decent documentary on BBC recently about the Columbia shuttle disaster, they showed how the team were put together and trained. They spent some sessions together out in the wilderness for team bonding to see that none would be likely to behave in a way to irritate the rest of the group with their behaviour.

Intelligent extraterrestrial creatures meeting Danny Healy-Rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

🤣🤣🤣🤣which of them makes more sense?🤔🤯🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ah same father thought I heard that but then one talked about my mom and thought I heard wrong. Didn't even think half sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Did anyone catch the astronauts name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Dan Tani

🙈🙉🙊

Dan Tani. Has a wikipedia page and all.

Spoke very well, interesting family background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Didn't know a thing about the Japanese community in America after WW2 and I'd call myself big into history. Interesting guest and very funny with the Irish connections through his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Azatadine

He was very interesting

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I knew one of the girls a bit when we were in school over 20 years ago. Both women spoke well on the subject. A friend of mine recently found his birth parents. The circumstances of his adoption and the urge to know his birth parents tormented him for years. He's slowly building a relationship with his birth parents.

It's mad to think these homes we still going in the mid 80s. I don't think people really associate the home with the 80s.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The rocketman interview got real interesting when Tommy asked "where ya really from?" There's modern thinking that line of question is racist but really it's a wonderful Irish question that often leads to interesting stories like this one

The hack of Jason Schwartzman when he had long hair.

Advertisement