Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

As a big snooker fan, Ken is great craic on TV yet Tommy tried too hard to ask "interesting questions".

His question if Ken had his eye on anyone was extremely weird.

I thought second guest was brilliant. Very entertaining. A bit like Brian Cox but hyper.

Third guest was good too but tiernan is far too predictable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Tiernan did an awful job with Doherty. I suppose Doherty doesn't have any illness or disability so he's lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Ken is great and I think it would have been a great interview but you could see Tommy was thrown when he heard about the separation and zoned in on it immediately. It was very obvious that Ken didn't want to discuss it (obviously) but Tommy kept at it, ruined the interview imo. I felt it was uncomfortable and Tommy was wrong ,he should have left it go, the question about fancying someone was inappropriate in this case , it's the first time I've seen Tommy to really mess it up , the subject was clearly not up for discussion and he kept skirting around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

I think that Tommy creates that vibe - like he's trying to process his own "stuff" through the guest's experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

It is a lazy show.

Sold as novel in that host does not have homework done.

That shortcut has run it's course.

Too much awkwardness, discomfort and missed opportunities by there not having been research done.

IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Exactly, there were so many interesting questions he could have asked Doherty but I feel Tommy is under the illusion that he has to be the gas man all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Tiernan looks way over 60. That big huge gray beard does nothing for him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The band at the end are from ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy. The lyrics are in Elf language.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Tommy Tiernan Show remains the best chat show on Irish TV, and it's not even close. I'd put it ahead of any chat show where the questions have been OK'd with a researcher, so long may it continue. Does he always ask the best questions? No. And like many viewers out there, he probably wishes he'd thought to ask such and such a question at the time, but that's the nature of the unplanned format the show takes. But he generally knows when to shut up and let people speak, and he knows when to leave a pause. That alone is quite refreshing.

Agree that the second guest was fantastic. He needs his own show on BBC 3 where he just goes around ancient ruins babbling excitedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

i checked out the music at the end - Blath na hoige - they are fab.. would love to see them live sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Jaysus riding 19 year olds! Tommy on the edge here!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always thought Dara had terrible diction.

Today he is worse than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Absolute overdose of funny happening right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Don't normally watch but I love Daire so giving it a go.

Jeysus Tommy going full Joe Duffy and cutting out any fun by dragging everything back to the misery story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

My god this fellow talks a lot of crap. He just goes of on one lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

One fella speaking really slowly and the other fella too quickly.

Ms

Not great this. Hopefully the next couple of guests are better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I never found Dara funny. I don't dislike him. Rather than a comedian I think he's a quick thinking, quick talking, intelligent bloke.

The Twink bit was funny. But ordinary people say funny things if they talk that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭spakman

Daire is really uncomfortable talking about his personal life when not on his terms. Nothing wrong with that (I'd be the same), but interesting nonetheless - unveils his real character a bit more.

• Advertisement

Those Cheltenham Paddy Power ads are pure sh*t.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Is there anything worse than "wacky banter" from parasitical bookmaker companies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Looks like Stewart Lee

Ms

Now this lad is interesting. Jeez I hope he is not still a Neo Nazi.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

We're you in Lansdowne Road February 1995 Martin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I agree with your first paragraph. I've never really gotten him as a stand up comedian.

Felt he was really uncomfortable talking about the adoption and kept trying to crack jokes in order to deflect and move the conversation away.

Also felt the final question from Tommy was a bit cack-handed, particularly given his uncomfortable Dara had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,184 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lovely lad, this one!

I find it hard to excuse any adult who engages in such bigotry, racism, sectarianism and thuggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,184 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Is this RTÉ's attempt at warning against the dangers of far right extremism here?

Advertisement