Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Little Lies (HBO) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Watched this after reading the book ( which was fantastic) and just couldn't take to this at all. Tone was off, was made very OTT American while book is based in Australia abd ut just messes the tone and feel of show. Nicole Kidman is so badly cast it's actually unbelievably. Agree with everyone it looks and songs great but that's not enough to make a good show for me.

Anyway if anyone gets a chance read the book even if you've already seen the show, very enjoyable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That's a pity, biggest over actor going.. Hard to watch anything she is in

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Klonker wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman is so badly cast it's actually unbelievably

Thought she was absolutely perfect in this. I would have imagined it would be very hard to fault her performance throughout series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Thought she was absolutely perfect in this. I would have imagined it would be very hard to fault her performance throughout series.

Couldn't disagree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I usually quite dislike her, but she was immaculate in this. I couldn’t imagine any other actress playing her role any better than she managed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Same I thought she was outstanding. And I wouldn’t rate her normally, in fact I usually find her quite irritating. Her solo scenes with the therapist were brilliant.
    Looking forward to season 2. Not a fan of Meryl though, so, there’s that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I know we're getting it anyway, but we didn't need a second season of this. It was a complete story.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Jesus I love that programme. I was annoyed when they announced the second series but have to say I am looking forward to it now.

What a soundtrack on Series 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Jesus I love that programme. I was annoyed when they announced the second series but have to say I am looking forward to it now.

What a soundtrack on Series 1.

Omg I saw no need for the second series but after seeing that trailer I want it now damnit!!!
    Oh what a sound track on s1 I’ve high hopes for season2

Full trailer. The walls start to close in from June 9th.

Well, based on the first episode I don't see them regretting a second season. Despite the recap I'd forgotten much of the first season. 2.01 had a those sharp exchanges and Meryl's scream. :o Police tapes pending...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I loved ep1 series 2.... well worth a watch

Loved the recap and I was drawn into the show immediately. I have high hopes for the season.

Glad to see Harvest Moon back on the playlist. It was my first dance song (Neil Young’s version) and Monterrey and driving over the wooden bridge on the PCH was part of my honeymoon road trip :)

Big Little Lies season 2, episode 1 music (every song in order of appearance)

Joan Jett - 'Bad Reputation'
    The Spinners - 'I'll Be Around'
    Jimmy Ruffin - 'What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted'
    Diana Ross - 'It's My House'
    Sufjan Stevens - 'Mystery of Love'
    Portishead - 'The Rip'
    Cassandra Wilson - 'Harvest Moon'
    Sinead O'Connor - 'All Apologies'
    Phoebe Killdeer and The Short Straws - 'Fade Out Line'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Meryl Streep was hilarious to Reese Witherspoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Unearthly wrote: »
    The very definition of "loose cannon" - you get the impression she's capable of just about anything. I guess we will find out, won't we?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I thought it was excellent. To be honest whey Streep chooses not only to go into TV but to go into a show in its second series then you know it is going to be a good show.

Music was great, I love the soundtrack from the first and hope to hear some new tunes here.

Loved it as an opener! Was a bit dubious when I heard it was being made - and it was a lot more melodramatic/soapy than original which is kind of a pity - but see why they had to go in that direction. Hope it doesn't go tooo crazy on that front, but suspect it will unfortunately.
    Soundtrack fantastic again and looks like the husbands (mostly Reese's) may get more of a role this season. The younger cast were amazing season 1 - so sweet to see them all a few years older now!

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Loved it as an opener! Was a bit dubious when I heard it was being made - and it was a lot more melodramatic/soapy than original which is kind of a pity - but see why they had to go in that direction. Hope it doesn't go tooo crazy on that front, but suspect it will unfortunately.
    Soundtrack fantastic again and looks like the husbands (mostly Reese's) may get more of a role this season. The younger cast were amazing season 1 - so sweet to see them all a few years older now!

I thought the two husbands were excellent last year but especially Adam Scott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Unearthly wrote: »

Her "apology" in the realtor's office was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I have to say not liking Streep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Burst out laughing at Renata's
    "Make sure they know my daughter was in a coma" at the assembly, you could barely hear it
    :pac:

Not sure season 2 is quite as good as season 1 but watching these actresses spark off each other is still 20x better than anything else on TV, now that Chernobyl is over!

I thought it was the weakest episode so far. I mean it is still such a great programme, but just thought this episode was not up to the usual standards. Renata was quality this week I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Watched episode one and wasn’t tempted to watch the rest. It just doesn’t have the same appeal this time around for me.

I liked 2.03. Remarkable how pretty much all of them skirt towards or implode sometimes. Privately, or publicly. Madeliene's freak out at the school meeting. :pac: And with Meryl chipping away...well. Renata has the worst sense of entitlement I've seen in a character I've seen in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's the deal with the therapist?

Keep Renata poor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Renata was quality this week I have to say.

Renata has easily become my favourite character in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Not liking this season so far. Finding it really boring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

catching up on s02e02 now. it's wonderful watching these actresses bounce off each other

Advertisement