Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA thread 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MacAttackJ

Oh, no, now it clashes with the IMRA Wicklow Way trail. Oh well, these things happen. Two of my favourite races of the year – decisions, decisions….

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Day before Dunboyne as well I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

K-Club and DCC have swapped; K-Club now March 25, while the DCC St Anne's park races are now on April 8.

Delighted to see this. I had pretty much resigned to missing this again this year with Nationals on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

K-Club and DCC have swapped; K-Club now March 25, while the DCC St Anne's park races are now on April 8.

Clashing with Dunboyne now.

Now we have 2 good races besides each other and close to each other :mad:

Good auld Irish way planning

Will feel bad now if I do K-club as a running club will lose out then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Clashing with Dunboyne now.

Now we have 2 good races besides each other and close to each other :mad:

Good auld Irish way planning

There's no planning when the BHAA aren't buying into permit rules AR :/ Clubs can only do their best...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Hi J, just wondering where you saw this ? Can't see it on FB or the website. Was hoping to do both these races - is the clash confirmed ?

happygoose wrote: »
    There's no planning when the BHAA aren't buying into permit rules AR :/ Clubs can only do their best...

Wasn't blaming a club here, Dunboyne date was organised first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

You could always offer to marshal or pace etc if your worried about club missing out?

Always a tough time of year to fit everything in between National 10k, Road Relays etc so no matter what weekend people aren't gonna be happy. I do think it makes sense not to have two 10k's which would see a large overlap on consecutive days and I think it is a positive step but next year hopefully can improve calendar again with the 4 milers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Hi J, just wondering where you saw this ? Can't see it on FB or the website. Was hoping to do both these races - is the clash confirmed ?

From our treasurer, who I'd consider to be a reliable source. Not sure why they haven't updated FB or the site yet.

EDIT: I should probably add....don't shoot the messenger! The date for the K-Club was changed last year as well, as some of you may recall. I found that out over the PA in mid-race, while I was plodding my way through the slop in ALSAA! Much to my annoyance, as it clashed with Conn as a result.

• Advertisement

You could always offer to marshal or pace etc if your worried about club missing out?

Always a tough time of year to fit everything in between National 10k, Road Relays etc so no matter what weekend people aren't gonna be happy. I do think it makes sense not to have two 10k's which would see a large overlap on consecutive days and I think it is a positive step but next year hopefully can improve calendar again with the 4 milers.

Agree to disagree. Wouldn't be fair to spend a morning and then afternoon away from the kids, considering I work all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

https://bhaa.ie/events/2017-k-club-10k/

Confirmed on website. K Club race on March 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Will results from last Saturdays race in ALSAA be posted?

Aquals wrote: »
    Will results from last Saturdays race in ALSAA be posted?
    Was just wondering the same thing. I know this is all volunteer driven but why does it take so long to put up the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

I've heard the very sad news of the passing of BHAA stalwart Maurice Timmins.

Maurice was heavily involved in the BHAA over many years, both at committee level and as a race organiser. (He was instrumental in the Maynooth race in previous years).

https://www.inotices.ie/mauricetimmins851295741

Some better-informed than me will provide a suitable obituary/eulogy in due course. I can only say that in the short time I served as a BHAA committee volunteer (a short number of years ago) I was honoured to have worked with such a dedicated man, an athletics supporter to the backbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Butterbeans

I've heard the very sad news of the passing of BHAA stalwart Maurice Timmins.

Maurice was heavily involved in the BHAA over many years, both at committee level and as a race organiser. (He was instrumental in the Maynooth race in previous years).

https://www.inotices.ie/mauricetimmins851295741

Some better-informed than me will provide a suitable obituary/eulogy in due course. I can only say that in the short time I served as a BHAA committee volunteer (a short number of years ago) I was honoured to have worked with such a dedicated man, an athletics supporter to the backbone.

From the BHAA Facebook page, just in case anyone on here wasn't aware xc in Maynooth is cancelled.

***AIB XC Race March 4th CANCELLED***
    Due to the death of Maurice Timmins who was one of the AIB race organising team Eddie and the AIB team have cancelled their race due to take place on Saturday 4th March.
    We appreciate you understanding and many thanks for your kind words about our friend and member of our running family Maurice. #BHAA #ripmaurice #runningfamily

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

The BHAA K-Club 10km is on this Saturday. Fast, flat course. Suggest to all day runners and members to pre-register online and collect their number on the morning, you can save your queuing time to the race start.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Great race in a fantastic location, go!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Very enjoyable day in the K Club. Nice fast, flat course but I did struggle a bit on the second lap, managed to get a 6 second PB but I was hoping for more. It was unseasonably warm. A total of 429 finishers, one of the biggest BHAA fields in recent times. There was a lot more club runners in the field than usual. A nice round of applause for Maurice Timmins before we all started and a book of condolences was also available for signing.

The spread afterwards was fantastic. It had everything hot dogs, pasta, pastries, cake, fruit. They have certainly raised the bar. Well done to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Caprica wrote: »
    There was a lot more club runners in the field than usual.

For once it didn't clash with the Great Ireland Run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JDW

Hi,
    Any results from the St Anne's/Dublin City Council race yet?
    Thanks

JDW wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any results from the St Anne's/Dublin City Council race yet?
    Thanks

The results are up on my run results website. They seem to have outsourced the timing to this crowd. Much better all round

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    The results are up on my run results website. They seem to have outsourced the timing to this crowd. Much better all round
    To be fair, the inclusion of any race in the "Lord Mayor's Series" tends to add 200+ to the women's races and 50+ to the men's. That'd be a lot of extra data processing, particularly when there are still the usual issues of sorting out the category prizes and team prizes for the BHAA members.

FWIW the link to the race results:
    https://www.myrunresults.com/events/bhaa%2c_2__4_mile_road_race_st.annes_park_dublin__/2078/results

Advertisement