Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea, Wed 7:45

Options
  • 03-01-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

My favorite fixture every season

God I love it when we best those horrible prícks

Great test for us but I think we're up to the challenge

The Lane will be rocking - As well as the high road ;)

2-1 home win

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Could be an absolute cracker, both teams will be well up for this. High probability of red cards. Hopefully Harry and Dele can carry on from Watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

2-1 home win

COYS

hahahaha what's seldom is golden
    3 point lane has been kind to us over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

peteeeed wrote: »
    hahahaha what's seldom is golden
    3 point lane has been kind to us over the years

One win for Chelsea at WHL since 2005 as far as I recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Martin567 wrote: »
    One win for Chelsea at WHL since 2005 as far as I recall?

and 13 in the past 13 as well as the return fixture earlier this season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Probably the two best teams over the Christmas period, so it should be a cracker. I suspect a score draw with a red card in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

duploelabs wrote: »
    and 13 in the past 13 as well as the return fixture earlier this season

I was responding to a post about WHL being '3 point lane' for Chelsea which doesn't make much sense if they've only won there once in the last 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A repeat of the 5-3 please, cancel out there 3 goals, that's if there's a God? Chelsea are in flying form as the table suggests, the only time I've watched them was against Arsenal...I think? Couldn't even tell ya how they line up.

Prediction 2-2, it'll be tough on Kane unless he's given support, or service like Trippier provided. Walker doesn't have that, but is a superior defender. Alli is finding form. Few others are finding the net.

Scored plenty in the last two outings, took a while to find any flow though. I'd be amazed if this wasn't played at a manic pace.

Who's reffing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    A repeat of the 5-3 please, cancel out there 3 goals, that's if there's a God? Chelsea are in flying form as the table suggests, the only time I've watched them was against Arsenal...I think? Couldn't even tell ya how they line up.

Prediction 2-2, it'll be tough on Kane unless he's given support, or service like Trippier provided. Walker doesn't have that, but is a superior defender. Alli is finding form. Few others are finding the net.

Scored plenty in the last two outings, took a while to find any flow though. I'd be amazed if this wasn't played at a manic pace.

Who's reffing this?

Mike dean I hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Who's reffing this?

Martin Atkinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

2-1 home win

COYS

horrible pricks , an awful lot of anger there, calm down lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

The wife looks forward to the games against Chelsea more than the games against that Woolwich crowd.
    She detests Chelsea with a passion which is frightening, goes back to games in the early 80's when she got dogs abuse at Stamford Bridge and nearly beaten up on the terrace ( she was in a group of girls).

2-1 COYS.

prodsc wrote: »
    Martin Atkinson.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Horrible club ... Horrible plastic fans .. Horrible club captain ...

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I hate Arsenal because I love Spurs

But I hate Chelsea because I'm a human being

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A lot of anger and hate in here lads.

Should be a good game later, I'd take a draw now.

Johner wrote: »
    A lot of anger and hate in here lads.

Should be a good game later, I'd take a draw now.

There's a lot on the line, a win for you's tonight puts an eight point gap on the chasing pack, unless ya'll have an absolute meltdown, you'll probably go on to win the title. League becomes boring if you have a runaway winner so early on.

So the odd mean spirited comment is justified, at least in my head. But I don't hate you, having never met you. Having that hoodoo at Stamford Bridge does make me hate Chelsea, more so than those bottlers Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

We could score 3 but concede 4. Would be delighted to win but would settle for a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I still have concerns about Cahill in general and Alonso when run at so I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. That said we are decent going forward fingers crossed we come out the right side maybe 4-1 :rolleyes:

Coolaboy wrote: »
    We could score 3 but concede 4. Would be delighted to win but would settle for a draw.

No way we are conceding many - our defense is rock solid, especially with Toby and Verts back together again

Its big opportunity for this Spurs team to make a statement and I reckon they'll deliver

It's gonna be frantic - can't wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't really do the hate thing for football, as it's only a game, but Hazard and Fabregas really got on my nerves last season with their unprofessional comments that they would try a lot harder in the game against Spurs than against Leicester.

Then again I thought our players were a disgrace in the 2-2 draw. The Moose eye gouging, Lamela standing on Fabregas, Dier and Vertonghen making really bad tackles. Plus we lost a two goal lead because we got too emotional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

There's a lot on the line, a win for you's tonight puts an eight point gap on the chasing pack, unless ya'll have an absolute meltdown, you'll probably go on to win the title. League becomes boring if you have a runaway winner so early on.

So the odd mean spirited comment is justified, at least in my head. But I don't hate you, having never met you. Having that hoodoo at Stamford Bridge does make me hate Chelsea, more so than those bottlers Arsenal.

Having been a Chelsea fan since long before we were founded in 2003 (;)) and lived in West London for a good many years there always has been a healthy dislike between both sides. For most pre history Chelsea fans at least Spurs and QPR would be the teams most disliked in London and that I think has always been shared by the players as well. In the sixties and early seventies when both sides were known for good football there was always an edge for the Spurs & QPR game that was really only comparable to Chelsea Leeds at the time.
    At school there were mainly Chelsea and QPR supporters but also a few Spurs and we were reasonably close to Arsenal in their eyes in the dislike stakes.

To my eternal shame though I do have two Spurs players in my fantasy team but to my credit no Liverpool :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hazard last year was my most hated player. He is an amazing player, who decided not to bother his hole for most of the year. Then he decided to play to his ability against Spurs just cause he wanted to stop us from challenging for the title. I'd have had no issues with him getting one over on us if he had actually done anything prior to that, but he didn't. Made him look incredibly unprofessional.

I think it'll be a great game tonight, with two teams who are playing very well. 2-2 is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i never like blowing spurs up because down the years its always come back and bitten me

but there is just something about tonight, that makes me think maybe just maybe........................

Wednesday night under lights and a crowd baying for blood.....

Having been a Chelsea fan since long before we were founded in 2003 (;)) and lived in West London for a good many years there always has been a healthy dislike between both sides. For most pre history Chelsea fans at least Spurs and QPR would be the teams most disliked in London and that I think has always been shared by the players as well. In the sixties and early seventies when both sides were known for good football there was always an edge for the Spurs & QPR game that was really only comparable to Chelsea Leeds at the time.
    At school there were mainly Chelsea and QPR supporters but also a few Spurs and we were reasonably close to Arsenal in their eyes in the dislike stakes.

To my eternal shame though I do have two Spurs players in my fantasy team but to my credit no Liverpool :D

Massive difference living over there. Anyhoo it should be a belter tonight. It bloody better be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Im going for a 3 -1 spurs win. Chelsea have been on a great run of form but fluked a win against us. As far as I can remember, Harry had a goal disallowed for offside early on which wasn't offside. They got a goal just before half time against the run of play which changed the match. I think dembele, alderwield and kane to score for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Going to this tonight. Can't wait

I've been to enough of these fixtures over the years to get a real feel for the hate that exists between the 2 sets of supporters.

Most of it stems from the foul anti-semitic WWII racial C18 UVF bile that CFC supporters continue to offer up at these games.

Don't get me wrong, New Chelsea is up market, latte drinking & poodle walking but they can't get away from their roots which are still very much in the gutter.

The scummiest football club I know

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've been to enough of these fixtures over the years to get a real feel for the hate that exists between the 2 sets of supporters.

Most of it stems from the foul anti-semitic WWII racial C18 UVF bile that CFC supporters continue to offer up at these games.

Don't get me wrong, New Chelsea is up market, latte drinking & poodle walking but they can't get away from their roots which are still very much in the gutter.

The scummiest football club I know

Ah I suppose all the Sol Campbell chants are warm and loving songs about rainbows and fairies and how nice Sol is are they?

I love good bit of hypocrisy on a Wednesday, makes the midweek slump all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ah I suppose all the Sol Campbell chants are warm and loving songs about rainbows and fairies and how nice Sol is are they?

I love good bit of hypocrisy on a Wednesday, makes the midweek slump all the better.

You trying to stir things up on purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

joeguevara wrote: »
    You trying to stir things up on purpose?

Who started the stir on this thread?

Advertisement