Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations please - Automated Gates, Intercom system?

Options
  • 02-01-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I need some help deciding on a new automated gate Intercom currently have something very similar to this model, the only difference being that the intercom on my system has a facility to be battery or mains operated and mine is wired to the mains.

response-electronics-wireless-dect-telephone-and-door-intercom-combination.jpg?w=283&h=283&r=4&o=K33ffaXNfvSRdsa6YuHbsiMzbLQj&V=a8xx

My intercom unit is shot but the handset is working fine. To be honest, we don't like the handset either so I need a completely new system.

Can anyone recommend a decent system that also has a function that allows me to open the gate using the handset?
    Also, if possible, a handset that allows me to open the gate whether someone has rang, or not.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: My gate currently uses a Blueberry system on the board, to open the gate...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP, for wireless Intercoms look no further than this company, when wired we use Comelit when wireless it is AES NI all the way.

http://www.aesdistribution.co.uk/about.htm

AES Kinsale Road, Cork are distributors 021 4964777.

They are not the same company by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Hi All,

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Need to make a decision on intercom system soon, have everything else figured out for automated gates.

Like the look and idea of this:
    http://pro.comelitgroup.com/us/product/8248/961/8451V-QUADRA-KIT-AND-WIFI-MINI-HF-SBTOP

I only have cat5e cable at wall point in kitchen where I want the receiver monitor to go.
    It feeds back to a central Netgear switch.
    Will this be ok to power the receiver monitor via POE?

I can also bring a cat cable from gates to the central Netgear switch.

Does anyone see any issue with this setup?

Advertisement