Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attracted to a younger girl.

Options
  • 31-12-2016 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭

I have something of a personal dilemma.

I'm in my late thirties and am currently single. In short I have found myself really attracted to a neighbour who is considerably younger than me. She's only 19. Nothing has happened but if I'm being absolutely honest I'd have no hesitation in sleeping with this girl if the opportunity were to present itself.

I hate to be so blunt but there's no point sugar coating it. I'm sexually attracted to a girl who is half my age.

I understand that this may appear somewhat questionable. I'm perfectly aware this is utterly inappropriate but as I've said earlier i'm not sure I'd find it so easy to turn around and walk away of the opportunity were to present itself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

If you're username is an accurate description of yourself i think it's safe to say the opportunity won't present itself... so no need to worry.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Realistically, is the opportunity going to present itself? You've given no indication in your post that you even speak to the girl. It's highly unlikely this will happen, given she's half your age. It's a fantasy, it's not wrong (she's an adult), but do not let it fester and turn into an obsession. Focus your attention elsewhere and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

Not many 19 year olds going to be attracted to 30-something men unless you are George Clooney or some sort of local celebrity. At 19 30-something is positively ancient and off your radar if you're a gorgeous young woman who gets lots of attention.

Move on is your best bet, it'll never be more than a fantasy

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

What would you have in common ? I'd say move on to be honest. How would you even be in her company ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

What is your question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I hate to be so blunt but there's no point sugar coating it. I'm sexually attracted to a girl who is half my age.

It's not that outrageous! When I was 19 I dated a 38 year old for almost a year, he was Australian and a musician. I come from a very musical family so we had that in common. He was very good to me and we had great fun. He was a young soul.
    I missed him terribly when he went back to Australia, but the memories were worth it, he took me to Switzerland and Iceland as he was booked to gig in these places.
    Fun times.
    If you have something in common and she's attracted to you, I don't see any reason why not. At that age, boys aren't as mature as girls and there's an attraction in that alone.
    I wouldn't overthink it. As long as you Are both after the same thing ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I wonder why a 19 year old would want to sleep with an exotic Australian musician who brings her to gigs in Iceland and Switzerland...
    Anyway OP, what's the question here? I would love to bang a load of 19 year old hotties and I'm 36, but I'm not going to start a thread about it.

I mean... she's of legal age.

The fact that she's a neighbour would be of a bigger concern to me, given that you're realistically going to see her often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I have something of a personal dilemma.

I'm in my late thirties and am currently single. In short I have found myself really attracted to a neighbour who is considerably younger than me. She's only 19. Nothing has happened but if I'm being absolutely honest I'd have no hesitation in sleeping with this girl if the opportunity were to present itself.

I understand that this may appear somewhat questionable. I'm perfectly aware this is utterly inappropriate but as I've said earlier i'm not sure I'd find it so easy to turn around and walk away of the opportunity were to present itself

I don't think it's a great idea to bang your 19 year old neighbour, I can imagine that if it happened and word got around it wouldn't look favourably on you.

It would be different if you were interested in getting to know her, having a relationship with her etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

GingerLily wrote: »
    I don't think it's a great idea to bang your 19 year old neighbour, I can imagine that if it happened and word got around it wouldn't look favourably on you.

It would be different if you were interested in getting to know her, having a relationship with her etc

Have you tried talking to a teenager lately? You may as well be speaking a different language

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

This thread is so funny. Sorry mods I know it's a PI but LOL.

OP, have you even spoken to this teenager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Have you tried talking to a teenager lately? You may as well be speaking a different language

That's besides the point really, I don't think it's a good Idea to shag a teenage neighbour half your age, don't **** where you eat kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Go for it, talk to her first try to strike up a conversation see how she reacts. If you think there is anything there going by how she engages, have a go at asking her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ha the snapper.... great movie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

My Gran was 19 when she married my then 51 yr old Grandfather
    They had 8 kids,one of which is my Father
    Had that relationship not bloomed I would not be hear to advise you to go for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Half your age plus 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont think you need to worry about the opportunity presenting itself... it wont.

ArKl0w wrote: »
    My Gran was 19 when she married my then 51 yr old Grandfather
    They had 8 kids,one of which is my Father
    Had that relationship not bloomed I would not be hear to advise you to go for it

Those were different times. Lots of unfortunate things were acceptable back then.

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Half your age plus 7

What great Sage invented that rule,someone on the internet?
    Here's a better rule : Two people get on- Great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

OP you don't say you've spoken to the girl or that you have anything in common with her. All you're saying is that you want to sleep with her. For all you know she could have a boyfriend or even be gay! I would advise you to forget about her. If she lives with her parents and you stick your head over the fence asking her for a sh@g her dad might well get out the shotgun and blow your head off! :D

Those were different times. Lots of unfortunate things were acceptable back then.

Nonsense ,That abject subjectivity!
    My Grandparents were very happy!!

Think the Op is after just Sex though in which case I would suggest not going for it on the basis that the fantasy is probably better than the reality
    Get it elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The girl next door. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

There's no harm in looking and dreaming as they say . You may be interested in her but more than likely she ain't even given you a first or a second glance and let's be honest any red blooded man would find a pretty 19 yr attractive but unless you are somewhat of a ladies man you won't be going there .

Surely you can find a few women in their 20s or late 20s to do the deed with ?

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I very much doubt the OP is looking for her hand in marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

go for it, you'll regret it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

How well do you know this girl? Have you spoken to her before, do you get along with her, how is she with you?

Be careful, you're not doing anything wrong and are perfectly entitled to ask her out but you still have to live there. A 19 yr old might feel a bit intimidated by an older neighbour chatting them up.

Personally I'd be inclined to leave it unless you feel you know her well enough that she won't be freaked out by it. She may be an adult but she's still only 19 and some are still more like children at that age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Seriously when I was a 19 year old girl I would have felt seriously creeped out if a 39 year old neighbour asked me on a date. Ireland is a different place now from the 1990s but older men have always been interested in young girls. OP get to know the girl first and you will find out if she might be interested. She probably won't, most 19 year old girls are interested in guys nearer their own age.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement