Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2017 yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Picked up the paw patroller for the little lad online today after realising a code for littlewoods was working on it. Got it for 50 so I’m delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Amazing! You can enjoy a stress-free build up now.

Indeed!
    There will always be a few bits and pieces to get,but the main things are all done now bar the wrapping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

loads has been delivered this week to my house!

a cool little tykes basket ball set for my niece!

L'occatine baubles (3 for 28euro) which are lovely little gifts that cost very little! they are for my colleagues..

Dads Polos from debenhams,

so only himself and the bestie left :) problem is.. i dont know what to get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

First gift bought today Tipperary Crystal white Christmas candle and diffuser in Shaws €22!

23471956_1718318884867998_1009615548598769360_n.jpg?oh=87995e89ba3d3164ed38a40899a7f8f6&oe=5A9C7D7B

23380368_1718318914867995_756208106789573393_n.jpg?oh=87c2ddb9be191b4f8989f6268ee2f9ca&oe=5AAD239D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I did some of mine today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I had to share .. I'm sure some of the parents on here can understand my relief right now lol :D

Eldest son is gaming and electronic obsessed. He has a very limited range of interests ( Asd) so his interest tend to repeat in a loop .. xbox , dogs, dinosaurs , solider toys and star wars. That's it. So this year I really struggled with what to get him. He has developed a love of Lilo and stitch and has gone stitch mad. He has all the disney infinity characters ( bar stitch and the incredibles ) and I have been searching every where to get them !

Well I got them ordered today ! Arriving tuedsay plus little power discs etc. :)

One seriously happy mammy right now :p can't wait to see his face when he opens it !

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

shakencat wrote: »
    loads has been delivered this week to my house!

a cool little tykes basket ball set for my niece!

L'occatine baubles (3 for ) which are lovely little gifts that cost very little! they are for my colleagues..

Dads Polos from debenhams,

so only himself and the bestie left :) problem is.. i dont know what to get them!

Those L'occatine baubles are fab, I will defintely pick some of them up. Thanks for the idea I would never have seen them :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Picked up some sweets and new Christmas duvet covers yesterday. The duvet set was from kavanaghs. I love it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hallmark in Dublin 1 and Easons have no decent wrapping paper in yet. I'm very upset by this. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Aldi have some fab luxury wrapping paper sets in at the moment. One is a brown paper with gold glitter deer and the other is a brown paper with matte red and glittery red stripes. The set comes with 5 tags, red ribbon red tissue paper too. A bit pricey at almost 5 euro but it looks very fancy! They have a white and gold version I think.

• Advertisement

i bought the nebraska 7ft tree in homestore and more today :)
    its lovely, have it up, but have no lights or decorations :P

the tree looks swell! haha! need to get a tree smelling candle!

I always get a real tree at home, but I'm weary of it here with my dog,
    I think he might cock is leg!

Chances could be slim, but dont want to risk it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That’s the same tree I have it’s a beaut.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I'm looking for some outdoor lights - found these on Amazon, do you think this is a good deal or anything better locally?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ICICLE-Outdoor-Snowing-Christmas-Multi-Action/dp/B0179WH9M8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510516971&sr=8-3&keywords=christmas+lights+outdoor

Home store and more usually do half price lights in December.

Loughc wrote: »
    That’s the same tree I have it’s a beaut.

I was quite impressed!
    we've been looking around and the prices have been so varied!

If we keep it for two years its paid off two real trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Zascar, We found the iclcle lights were.nt up to our lovely Irish winter weather. We put them up around the house, and they looked fab...but the first storm blew them to bits....lashed them against the house.... I soupose it might depend on where you live....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought two shelving units online to help with storage. Thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought new bedcovers for our room and the spare room, hoping to get to homestore and more this week and get Christmassy bedcovers for our room
    I've just realised I need to go to Blanchardstown shopping centre for my mothers hearing aids so I might get to Homestore and More sooner than I think... :)

Bought these as gifts Today!
    22851816_1689795031051313_6385615126700682909_n.jpg?oh=5b872be833f095c5757a26d3b90d2530&oe=5A617A4C

22780706_1689795171051299_5321861825296439477_n.jpg?oh=8fa45391fe9b618e196001fe8947d38f&oe=5A997D90

They’re fab freshpopcorn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm looking for a super king Christmas duvet cover if anyone sees one going fairly cheap!

Also, if anyone sees any cheap additions to a christmas village, I need to beat my Dad this year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Where did you buy those Freshpopcorn?

leahyl wrote: »
    Where did you buy those Freshpopcorn?

They were in a little giftshop in my local town in North Cork.(PM if you want to know the name)
    The brand is called Benaya at Milford light glass they are available online but the only shops I've seen them in have been small little gift shops!

I did see them in the Yankee candle shop before!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I have all presents for kids in our family and the mincemeat is made- may make some more this evening though...just in case :P I spent a fortune on Sunday night ordering 9 Disney decorations from Disney store online. My mum picked up a wee snowy tree in ASDA for me- £35 for 6.5ft so hopefully it is decent now. Most of my pre Christmas cleaning is also done bar few guest bedrooms but it is just a matter of sweeping and dusting :D So excited now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm looking for a super king Christmas duvet cover if anyone sees one going fairly cheap!

Also, if anyone sees any cheap additions to a christmas village, I need to beat my Dad this year lol

Homestore and more have super king Xmas duvet covers reduced.
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/duvet-covers/christmas-love-duvet-cover-red/invt/tbdchrlovred01

Just notice that linked one is out of stock but you might get one in store.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just got Christmas teatowels, Christmas pyjamas, Christmas serviettes and a Christmas doormat in Penneys.
    They have such nice stuff!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Posy wrote: »
    I just got Christmas teatowels, Christmas pyjamas, Christmas serviettes and a Christmas doormat in Penneys.
    They have such nice stuff!! :):)

Any photos of your purchases going to Penneys the weekend

I bought my cheap garland in Heatons for my Kitchen I've loads of spare decorations to jazz it up and some battery operated lights too might put it up the weekend start gradually putting things up

I second Sarah, pictures please! :D
    How much was the garland Sarah?

I just got an e-mail saying Disney decorations has been dispatched, can't wait to get them. I got 4 cushion covers I ordered on wish.com today too- Will try to post photos.

as promised

• Advertisement

as promised

Are those cushions?
    Where did you get them?
    Please!

Advertisement