Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for a half-decent zombie flick?

• 27-12-2016 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

All this Xmas cheer and goodwill is making me sick and I need something to watch tonight. Any youtube recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

seven minutes of awesome Aussie short film :)

If you're going to watch a film though, dvd or whatever - the original Dawn of the Dead or the remake are class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Train to Busan absolutely brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I saw a film when I was a child called "The Stuff" and was only reminded of the movie recently from something someone posted in AH about "stuff" :) ! Anyway it's a comedy horror about an addictive dessert but "The Stuff is actually a living, parasitic, and possibly sentient organism that gradually takes over the brain—mutating those who eat it into bizarre zombie-like creatures, before consuming them from the inside and leaving them empty shells of their former selves."

I never really associated it as a zombie movie but it kind of is, just a bit of a different take on a zombie movie with a message about consumerism and greed. I really need to watch it again tbh but I enjoyed it as a kid.

Always remember the quote "enough is never enough" from the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I remember the stuff, I remember it scared the poo out of me when I was younger, didn't remember it as a comedy, but I suppose, evil killer yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭geotrig

I love "the stuff" its up there with night of the comet as one of favorite movies .:D its exactly as olishi4 say... now to convince myself that i really dont need it on bluray as well :think:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Sound for that noel, I've spent/wasted a few nights trawling through the links to other good and not-as-good Z shorts on YT. Found a feature-length full movie called 'Extinction' which I'd read about before but forgot about. Decent flick and the young actress is quite good.
    Found loads of good sci-fi stuff there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I just watched The Rezort on netflix there if you wanted to give that a go. I found it an enjoyable enough watch even if IMDB says it's only worth a 5.2 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3923662/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I just watched The Rezort on netflix there if you wanted to give that a go. I found it an enjoyable enough watch even if IMDB says it's only worth a 5.2 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3923662/

Yep me too! Enjoyable, definitely.

Am tempted by pride and prejudice with zombies, also Netflix. Watched first 5 mins and not bad at all.... Carrion flies, really useful... Sometimes!

sabhail wrote: »
    Yep me too! Enjoyable, definitely.

Am tempted by pride and prejudice with zombies, also Netflix. Watched first 5 mins and not bad at all.... Carrion flies, really useful... Sometimes!

Yeah I watched that a few weeks back. Its a bit weird but watchable as well. Not how I remembered Pride and Prejudice at all though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

• Advertisement

I came across a random zombie film on netflix called Night of the Comet. I haven't watched it yet myself but might be worth a watch.

watching Devils Play ground on netflix, its actually not a bad watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Its not a zombie flick but The Mist (on netflix) is good. Has many of the zombie hallmarks (including group trapped in a Mall). But its only one series... Hope they make more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Its not a zombie flick but The Mist (on netflix) is good. Has many of the zombie hallmarks (including group trapped in a Mall). But its only one series... Hope they make more.

Cancelled.

yeah I really liked the first season of that as well, pity its cancelled though as other poster says.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RAC0uwuIr8

I liked it, low budget but well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESob6LPkA0

Liked this too, a bit tongue in cheek but didn't waste 90 minutes of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StJgFa-Hq4

Heard mixed reviews on this one, but really liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

(Zombie virus on) Mulberry St. is a decent low budget flick. Came out in 2006 and saw it on Horror or Sci-Fi, as it was called back then. Good story and solid acting.

Don't know how to link or post yt from the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Watched "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" a few weeks ago. Very entertaining with a very pretty lead actress.
    Finished "Cooties" on youtube. Full movie with frodo baggins guy and a few other recognisable faces. Zombie comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Irish zombie film called "the cured" out, haven't seen it in any theaters yet though https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/cured-irish-zombie-movie-601423

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Cargo on Netflix isn't bad, not quite zombies tho pretty much.. Interesting and surprisingly moving. ..

Saw a short few yrs ago with v similar premise..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HappySerious

28 days later and train to Busan get my vote. World war Z maybe but book is way better.

28 days later and train to Busan get my vote. World war Z maybe but book is way better.

Finally got round to watching Train To Busan. Its very good.

Finished watching 4th series of The Strain. Thats a great romp!

Found a smartphone app (think its only for android) called Terrarium. Bit like Putlocker. Every film & tv show is linked and you can download & watch later. No fees, no registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

Loved Irish made zombie flick Portait of a zombie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkQhgwDyCpY
    And an Aussie flick Wyrmwood road of the dead.. A very original twist in what was becoming a jaded genre
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUaKJPQcx0c

Watched Patient Zero last night. V good... Great cast.... Last 30 seconds was poor. Def worth the download.

PS found great app recently, Cyberflix TV. Its like terrarium but more reliable.

Well, dont waste time on Anna & the Apocalypse ..... Its a musical!

Black Summer (8 episode series) is good. Quite like WD (people can turn even if they arnt bitten.. ) in early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭frash

Black Summer (8 episode series) is good. Quite like WD (people can turn even if they arnt bitten.. ) in early days.

Started it last night with 2 episodes watched.
    Fast paced.
    Very enjoyable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The Dead don't Die

Decent and original take on the genre, Bill Murray as always excellent.

These are all on netflix:

- Black summer decent - really enjoyed start just not the end episodes.

- Office uprising - it's awful but watchable at the same time

- the rezort - loved it

- cargo - loved it

• Advertisement

Zomboat is new. Funny ITV2 (Virgin 2?) tv show in style of Shawn Of The Dead, etc. 2 sisters try to escape the ZA in a canal boat (zombie + boat .... geddit?) from Birmingham to London. Antics follow. 4 episodes available on download (if you look in right place) and first 2 avail on Sky.

Advertisement