Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Gaming PC €2000 Buget

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Zekey

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Good luck with the build and be sure to share pictures when its done.

Will do, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

john0272 wrote: »
    That cooler is way too expensive. I doubt OP will overclock. And a 5400rpm HDD? Seriously? Get a 7200 rpm. There's almost no price difference for better performance.

The Noctua NH-C14S is the best-performing downwards blowing cooler though, very quiet as well.

I know tower coolers are cheaper, but IMHO if you can afford it, I'd recommend the NH-C14S since it cools other motherboard components too.

So altogether with vat and delivery it is coming to €2120.69

Zekey wrote: »
    So altogether with vat and delivery it is coming to €2120.69

Eh?
    Where is the extra €350 coming from?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Eh?
    Where is the extra €350 coming from?
    Amazon:
    Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S Midi-Tower Grey - computer cases (Midi-Tower, PC, 1x 120 mm, ABS synthetics, Steel, 1x 120 mm, ATX, EATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ATX)
    £77.95
    G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-3200C16D-16GVR 16 GB (8 GBx2) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 1.35 V Memory Kit - Classic Black
    £124.09
    Noctua NH-C14S
    £64.99
    Intel Core I7-6700K Processor (4 GHz, 8 M Cache, LGA1151)
    £315.95
    Crucial MX300 525 GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive with 9.5 mm Adapter - Grey/Blue
    £118.61
    WD Blue 3TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
    £87.65
    Converted to Euro = 1,845.26

Scan.co.uk:
    650W Seasonic, Hybrid Modular, 80PLUS Gold, 1x120mm, ATX, PSU
    £104.99
    ASRock Z170 GAMING K4, Intel Z170, S 1151, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), 2-Way CrossFire, Killer E2400 LAN, USB3 C, ATX
    £110.48
    Converted to Euro = 275.96

total = 2,121.22 in euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Amazon stuff listed there comes to £790 which should be something like €950 ... there's no video-card up there but I doubt it is €900?

minitrue wrote: »
    Amazon stuff listed there comes to £790 which should be something like €950 ... there's no video-card up there but I doubt it is €900?

sorry forgot the video card
    Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8 GB GDDR5X Graphics Card
    £800.63

its pretty close to 900

From the earlier post I see with that card

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card (€666.94 @ Mindfactory)

So I think you have messed yourself up going UK and not sticking to mindfactory, at least for that!

minitrue wrote: »
    So I think you have messed yourself up going UK and not sticking to mindfactory, at least for that!
    You make a good point there...i imagine it wont be my first mistake in this whole process, this is all new to me and its a learner exercise as much as a purchase.
    Thanks for pointing this out though, I will go through all compare everything to mindfactory again

Lean on the wisdom you have been given, though I appreciate it's very hard to know who to trust how much and how literally to take things.

K.O.Kiki is a regular expert here who knows what they are doing (as best I can tell) so I suspect you want case+psu from amazon and everything else they said from mindfactory. If you really want to order somewhere else you might need to change around some parts to alternatives so as not to screw yourself.

I've looked a little at the build now and my own comments would be to also agree that a 5400 rpm drive is wrong here and I'd be thinking about a 1TB ssd. How much space do you need for what?

It's obviously an easy build to shave money out of, so given it's already being nice all over the place I wonder if changing to the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-ULTRA GAMING would be a good idea for all the usb 3.1 a/c thunderbolt 3 goodness it adds. I'd wait for someone like KOKiki to add a comment on that though before pulling the trigger!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the input guys
    And yes, I believe I will wait for K.O.Kiki's comment before i confirm the purchases
    I am currently using 3 different sites: Mindfactory, amazon mainly and then Scan.co.uk for the power supply
    here is what my order stands like at the moment:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/sDJt0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Praised be Kiki

Preach

£800 is crazy, check out a few different models of 1080 on Amazon to find one closer to 650-700 pounds or lower and you'll be sound, the Amazon parts list is golden overall

£800 is crazy, check out a few different models of 1080 on Amazon to find one closer to 650-700 pounds or lower and you'll be sound, the Amazon parts list is golden overall

You didn't look at my imgur link did you?

Nope... Hold on

*Fully up to speed*

Get a top tier PSU from Amazon or mindfactory no? Save the hassle of three sites.

Other than that you're sound. Would recommend a 7200rpm HDD but no major issue considering I'm guessing it'll be for storage where speed doesn't matter. 1tb SSD is madness imo

From Mindfactory:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (€348.94)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€123.86)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€108.94)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€128.45)
    Storage: Western Digital AV-GP 3TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive (€117.85)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card (€658.95)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€90.85)
    Total: €1577.84
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-03 23:52 CET+0100
    +€30 shipping

From AmazonUK

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£64.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case (£98.36 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £163.35
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-03 22:56 GMT+0000
    (don't forget a 3-pin kettle lead!)

Should all be ok for height/width.

€1799.96

FYI on Mindfactory, if you see "Lagernd" (in storage) it means it's in their other warehouse & just takes an extra 1-3 days.

FYI on Mindfactory, if you see "Lagernd" (in storage) it means it's in their other warehouse & just takes an extra 1-3 days.

Now while that is about €30 cheaper than the current configuration i have in my imgur post (http://imgur.com/gallery/sDJt0) wont i have to buy an adapter for the powersupply if i get it from the source you have linked above because it comes from Germany.

Also what are the important differences between the tower you are recommending now and the tower you recommended originally? This is more out of curiousity than anything seeming as i'm trying to learn, also it seems more expensive.

Now while that is about €30 cheaper than the current configuration i have in my imgur post (http://imgur.com/gallery/sDJt0) wont i have to buy an adapter for the powersupply if i get it from the source you have linked above because it comes from Germany.

Also what are the important differences between the tower you are recommending now and the tower you recommended originally? This is more out of curiousity than anything seeming as i'm trying to learn, also it seems more expensive.
    All ATX power supplies are 100-240, 50-60Hz compatible. Just need the correct kettle lead.

Changed the tower case for CPU cooler height.

• Advertisement

Changed the tower case for CPU cooler height.

Thanks
    Also I was wondering do you know any similar towers with more usb slots?
    I currently use 5 (wireless keyboard, mouse, wireless headphones, wi-fi receiver and gamepad) but that case only seems to have two.

Although i may be misunderstanding something or not seeing the additional slots in which case i apologise in advance for wasting your time.

Thanks
    Also I was wondering do you know any similar towers with more usb slots?
    I currently use 5 (wireless keyboard, mouse, wireless headphones, wi-fi receiver and gamepad) but that case only seems to have two.

Although i may be misunderstanding something or not seeing the additional slots in which case i apologise in advance for wasting your time.

There will be additional slots on the motherboard at the rear ;)

Can I only pay mindfactory with bank transfer?
    I dont see an option for debit card

Should be able to pay using PayPal

Guess ill have to set up a Paypal then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Guess ill have to set up a Paypal then

Having a PayPal account is very handy for buying items.

OK I am lost again...
    I made a paypal account and I have linked my debit card to it(the card has the required funds on it)
    So when i went to order my stuff, I clicked on the paypal option and when I go to continue it sends me to paypal.
    I figured it would send me to an "order confirmation" page or something along those lines but it is just sending me to the main paypal homepage after it logs into my account. I dont know what to do after that.
    I dont have my bank account linked, do I need to link my bank account details to make this work? i figured the card details would be enough just like on other sites such as amazon and steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

OK I am lost again...
    I made a paypal account and I have linked my debit card to it(the card has the required funds on it)
    So when i went to order my stuff, I clicked on the paypal option and when I go to continue it sends me to paypal.
    I figured it would send me to an "order confirmation" page or something along those lines but it is just sending me to the main paypal homepage after it logs into my account. I dont know what to do after that.
    I dont have my bank account linked, do I need to link my bank account details to make this work? i figured the card details would be enough just like on other sites such as amazon and steam.

your card details are enough..you only need your bank details for transferring money from paypal back into your bank a/c.
    It sounds funny..it should be directing you to the order page...what site are you ordering from?

Im using Mindfactory, a German site but the previous problem is no longer an issue apparently, the new problem is that everytime i try to confirm my order at the checkout i get this page:

http://imgur.com/gallery/s07HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Im using Mindfactory, a German site but the previous problem is no longer an issue apparently, the new problem is that everytime i try to confirm my order at the checkout i get this page:

http://imgur.com/gallery/s07HD

Ring paypal and ask them whats going on. Or email them and attach the photo.
    They are usually very quick to respond.

Advertisement