Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does Santa wrap the presents he brings to your house?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rosie Gold

I have never in my life heard of Santy not wrapping presents.

That's about the laziest thing ever.

I agree with Seamus though. There's enough packaging, bubble wrap etc going into recycling and/or waste that we don't need to add to the problem. We're literally just a crowd of wasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Rosie Gold wrote: »
    I agree with Seamus though. There's enough packaging, bubble wrap etc going into recycling and/or waste that we don't need to add to the problem. We're literally just a crowd of wasters.

So use the wrapping paper to start fires instead of newspaper... Seriously, it's a bit of wrapping paper. Don't get all high horse over it.

Turtle_ wrote: »
    So use the wrapping paper to start fires instead of newspaper... Seriously, it's a bit of wrapping paper. Don't get all high horse over it.

Em take a chill. You're the one wound up. If I don't want to wrap the presents, I ain't going to feel guilty about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Wrapping paper is useless for the fire.

Santa never wrapped my presents as a child and it didn't dampen the enthusiasm, because there was an ever-increasing pile of wrapped presents being put under the tree by various family members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Rosie Gold wrote: »
    Em take a chill. You're the one wound up. If I don't want to wrap the presents, I ain't going to feel guilty about it.

Eh, it's the non-wrappers calling anyone who wraps presents wasters. It's a bit of flipping paper. Chill.

• Advertisement

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Eh, it's the non-wrappers calling anyone who wraps presents wasters. It's a bit of flipping paper. Chill.

I was including myself in that. We're all wasters!

Not exercising for a year is lazy, not wrapping presents ain't. It's hardly an Olympic sport :P

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Tis the elves do the wrapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's about practicality in reality. Where do you find the time to take the stuff out of hiding and wrap it, while preventing the kids from accidentally spotting it.
    Especially when you've got multiple children.

If I can schedule a few hours in December to get the kids out of the house, the last thing I'll be doing is climbing in and out of the attic to wrap some presents, when that wrapping won't make a blind bit of difference to the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ps who the f is santa? it's santy to us Irish :rolleyes:

Only to the uneducated :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh my.

I'm locking this thread as it's descending into chaos!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement