Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray off-licence

Options
  • 22-12-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Does anyone have any tips for places in Bray that would have a good selection of Irish beers to choose from? Apparently Holland's off-licence has closed.

Any suggestions for good Irish beers to try would be welcome too as I rarely get to drink many these days. I have Little Fawn on my list as well as anything new from old favourites like Hooker, O'Hara's and Dungarvan. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

O'Briens has a good selection. I like the Blacks of Kinsale stuff (particularly the Black IPA) and if you want to stay local, Wicklow Wolf (their brewery is just behind O'Briens) or O Brother from Kilcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

The off-license at Centra at the top of the Boghall Road has a reasonably decent selection which I find to be better value than O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

BraveDonut wrote: »
    The off-license at Centra at the top of the Boghall Road has a reasonably decent selection which I find to be better value than O'Briens.
    Don't know bray that well, but have gone to this Off Licence, and agree with a decent selection. Also gave the impression of knowing their stuff (was in a rush but they wanted to talk beer!).

I think there's a fairly high minimum amount you can buy directly from Wicklow Wolf, and maybe gift packs. That's the point of the craft beer bill that Labour and the craft breweries have been pushing in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Tesco, SuperValu and O'Briens all have decent selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

O'Brien's on vevay has a bad selection (Beer wise) the other is good.

I'm really missing Holland's they were extremely knowledgeable and had a great selection.

I go to the Blackrock Cellar now, it's a slight detour home from work and I have to plan it more but it's the only place within a 15K radius that can rival Holland's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

Thanks for the helpful responses all!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Yeah would recommend the O'Briens on the Quinsborough Road ahead of the Vevay Road one.

Tesco has a useless selection and the Dunnes on the Quinsborough Road is quite small.

Supervalu is there too which has an excellent range, plus Aldi and Lidl have improved their range a lot recently.

Hollands off licence is an awful loss for the drinkers of Bray. It was up there with Redmonds, Drinkstore et al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Actually, yeah Lidl stocks O'Hara's now iirc, and obviously the O'Shea's in Aldi is Carlow Brewing Company.

Advertisement