Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google play music — four months free

Options
  • 22-12-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Year end deal, try unlimited Google play music for for months. 9.99 per month after that.

Can be redeemed inside the Google play app or Google play music app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Apologies if this is a stupid question as I've never actually used these streaming services (I'm more "old school" with actual MP3 files on a device) but can you download and keep music for free with this trial, or just stream things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭djan

With the paid subscription, you can download the music files to the phone and listen to without an internet connection.

As long as you stay subscribed you can keep as many tracks downloaded offline and once you cancel subscription they will stay available offline until the next month.

The ability to play music offline is very handy for commutes with low signal or flights. It's probably the biggest reason for going premium. That and the higher quality of the files.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Signed up earlier in the week for a 3 month free trial. Haven't used streaming services before (I think this proves I'm officially old!), but impressed so far. If I could get an answer on how a family sub works with android restricted profiles, I'd probably be pulling the trigger on that upgrade too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Excellent .. my deezer free is just finished. Will try this. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

whereabouts within in the app is this option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Was planning to switch back to Google Music in the new year when my free Deezer sub ends. When I went into the app I didn't get the offer as I'm not a new customer but when I said switch account and used my other google account it gave me the offer so might as well use it on that account for 4 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

If you click into the app menu & then click 'shop' down the bottom, the offer was there for me. I'm not a new customer & had only previously availed of another free offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Yamanoto wrote: »
    If you click into the app menu & then click 'shop' down the bottom, the offer was there for me. I'm not a new customer & had only previously availed of another free offer.

When I click into shop it takes me into the Google Play app and just lists music I can buy with no mention of a free trial. Clicking subscribe, it comes up with a price per month and says "Only one free trial per customer. You have already used a free trial"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

djan wrote: »
    With the paid subscription, you can download the music files to the phone and listen to without an internet connection.

As long as you stay subscribed you can keep as many tracks downloaded offline and once you cancel subscription they will stay available offline until the next month.

The ability to play music offline is very handy for commutes with low signal or flights. It's probably the biggest reason for going premium. That and the higher quality of the files.

Ah ok.. so it's only of any real use if you're prepared to keep paying for it. I'll stick to what I have so :) All these "small" monthly subs are starting to add up!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

I've previously availed of 3 months free. In the app list under settings there is an option for free google play for me for 4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got it
    Then cancelled straight away
    Working grand

No messing having to remember to cancel in four months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Brilliant find op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

jeffk wrote: »
    Got it
    Working grand

Will it still work for 4 months, if I cancel straight away ?

Just signed up, don't want to cancel, in case I loose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry for my ignorance, but would this have ready made play lists?

Like easy listening, party, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

pa990 wrote: »

When you cancel your subscription
    You can keep using your subscription until the end of the billing period during which you cancel.
    When the end of the billing period is over and your subscription is canceled, you won't be able to access music you downloaded to your device, or playlists you created.
    If you subscribe again, you'll get access to your radio stations and also the playlists and music you uploaded.
    If you subscription is cancelled due to payment decline, your access to subscription content will end immediately.

66lwk3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance, but would this have ready made play lists?

Like easy listening, party, etc.

Yes, can choose based on mood or activity like studying or working out etc.

Another bonus of this subscription is that it gets rid of ads on YouTube (need to be using same account for both though).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Keith186 wrote: »
    Yes, can choose based on mood or activity like studying or working out etc.

Another bonus of this subscription is that it gets rid of ads on YouTube (need to be using same account for both though).

No it doesn't. I have been paying for google music for ages now as I find it great but still get ads on youtube. They went away for a while but came back when youtube red (or whatever it is called) was introduced in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Does this still let you continue to play YouTube audio with the screen turned off like it used to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Does this still let you continue to play YouTube audio with the screen turned off like it used to?

Didn't know that was possible. Hopefully !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I thought that feature got killed off ages back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've previously availed of 3 months free. In the app list under settings there is an option for free google play for me for 4 months.

Me too. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ED E wrote: »
    I thought that feature got killed off ages back?

I don't know, that's why I asked the question...I haven't had a subscription for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

I don't know, that's why I asked the question...I haven't had a subscription for a few years.

I think background YouTube videos are only possible with YouTube Red which is not available here yet.

There are some options out there - I think Firefox does it on Android. I am using FlyTube from XDA which more foreground than background really (it floats the video), but lets you do your shtuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

jeffk wrote: »
    Got it
    Working grand

pa990 wrote: »

palmface.jpg...thats what he just said :rolleyes:

You wont "loose" it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ludo wrote: »
    No it doesn't. I have been paying for google music for ages now as I find it great but still get ads on youtube. They went away for a while but came back when youtube red (or whatever it is called) was introduced in the USA.
    Sorry, didn't know that. I signed up to US version before it came out here and had no YT ads for years. They cancelled it on me recently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi folks. I signed up for the free trial. Great find. Can I play and download any of the albums now even the new ones for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Anyone know how you can transfer Deezer playlists to Google Play Music. Can't find a way.

Annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Got it yesterday cheers.
    Great library on it. Find it a fair bit buggy and slow to load/change song.

Advertisement