Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It was a scam, was on gumtreeni too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I don’t think that price was wrong for an adams family though was it ? it was probably cheap judging by the prices it sells of on the pinball forums.

I don’t think that price was wrong for an adams family though was it ? it was probably cheap judging by the prices it sells of on the pinball forums.

Probably, but that ad was a scam and was removed pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Next data discs release is Metal Slug. Hope they bring some more SNK stuff out in the future

https://data-discs.com

DATA013_Ltd_Ed_1.jpg?v=1507061565

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure if it's a bargain, but Wonderswan Crystal consoles don't come up on Adverts terribly often, here's one boxed with four games, all boxed, looking for €199, possibly some haggling to be done but a nice, amazing little device.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/wonderswan-crystal-plus-games/13917035

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Few SNK games going for dirt cheap on GOG.com.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20171005_special_promo_snk_action_pack.

Contains Metal Slug (1, 2, 3 and X), Shock Troopers (1 & 2), Blazing Star and Ironclad. 1.29 each or 11.61 for the lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Saw this arcade machine on donedeal might be of interest to some

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Saw this arcade machine on donedeal might be of interest to some

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Some magazine seller on ebay seems to be selling the Retro Gamer special for retail, worth a shot:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Retro-Gamer-Magazine-Issue-172-new-With-Free-Super-Play-Magazine-2017-/272879147897?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just in case anyone has been looking for a Micomsoft XE-1 Pro for the PC Engine. (aka the stick Pyongyang always went on about!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micomsoft-XE-1-HE-PRO-Arcade-Stick-Pc-Engine-/253181811019?hash=item3af2cfd94b:g:nbEAAOSw~NNZzoBw

I've the Megadrive version of this and they are indeed lovely things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just in case anyone has been looking for a Micomsoft XE-1 Pro for the PC Engine. (aka the stick Pyongyang always went on about!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micomsoft-XE-1-HE-PRO-Arcade-Stick-Pc-Engine-/253181811019?hash=item3af2cfd94b:g:nbEAAOSw~NNZzoBw

I've the Megadrive version of this and they are indeed lovely things.

That's a fecking bargain!
    I've got one and tempted for another....
    Feck...

Master of the Universe

Yeah I posted it here in the hope that someone else would buy it before I do :eek:

Yeah I posted it here in the hope that someone else would buy it before I do :eek:

Is that the one with the built in multi tap??

I already have one Micom Soft stick for my PC Engine, I'd be greedy buying it for myself.
    Someone else should buy it though, it's an essential controller if you own a PC Engine.
    Be aware you'll need an adaptor if you "only" have a Turbo Grafx 16.

Master of the Universe

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone - hope it was someone on here!

(that was the one with the multitap built in by the way)

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone - hope it was someone on here!

(that was the one with the multitap built in by the way)

:(

Damn

Should have bought it....

Could have sold on my other one...

Why???
    Why do you curse me with such uncertainty in the face of true bargains???

Master of the Universe

Yeah I regretted not buying it the moment I saw it was sold :(

For any Syndicate Wars fans out there, the spiritual successor, Satellite Reign, is currently part of Humble Bundle.

It's part of the cheapest tier, so you can pick it up (along with three other games) for $1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Why would you do that? Some charge too much of course but I wouldn't be a fan of ad spoiling like that. If you're buying something like that you should be doing your homework on it anyway so most of those sellers shouldn't sell anything. Finding something cheaper elsewhere would mean about 80% of video game related ads there open to it if it was the normal practice, even if it's just €5 of a difference etc. Some take the piss of course but I'm not sure ad spoiling is the way to go.

• Advertisement

Hit a nerve? I’ve no sympathy for them.
    I’m happy to thread/add spoil rip off merchants misleading buyers by
    1 not telling them it’s a raspberry pi (most the adverts I see fail to mention that or retropi)
    2 charging an extortionate rate €120-€199+ for something costing them half that.
    3 ROMs shouldn’t be sold with these in the first place. So using an excuse like they actually somehow earned their price.
    These adverts are spamming for sale sites like the “fully loaded” kodi boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hit a nerve? I’ve no sympathy for them.
    I’m happy to thread/add spoil rip off merchants misleading buyers by
    1 not telling them it’s a raspberry pi (most the adverts I see fail to mention that or retropi)
    2 charging an extortionate rate €120-€199+ for something costing them half that.
    3 ROMs shouldn’t be sold with these in the first place. So using an excuse like they actually somehow earned their price.
    These adverts are spamming for sale sites like the “fully loaded” kodi boxes.

Haven't hit a nerve at all. I haven't sold anything like that or will ever sell stuff like that. I understand your points of course and agree with them. The thing is though, I've noticed a lot more loose commenting spamming going on in there about how much something is worth. Someone could be selling something genuinely for €55 and someone comes on commenting that you can get it for €50 down the local shop etc etc, which is uncalled for and just ruining ads with fake good samaritan act. If it's an extortionate price I wouldn't be against someone trying to weed them out, but the problem is what someone judges as an unfair price can vary. Your example I don't disagree with at all, just the overall habit of ad spoiling I would, but I understand you weren't doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Cathal's intial comment struck me as a retro game virtue signalling as well!

Cathal's intial comment struck me as a retro game virtue signalling as well!

No, it's perfectly okay to call out people in these instances, particularly when they purposefully avoid informing their would be customers of the nature of what they are selling.

I brought up, not the price, but the RPi3 at the heart of the Retrobox device.
    I didn't criticise at all, still got me banned from their FB page, right after they confirmed it.
    So, there is a desire there to hoodwink a customer into a purchase and, without any other consumer rights active in the likes of Adverts Cathal is more than entitled to make a post or a link on the ad.
    They retain the right to remove the text if it pleases then too.
    How can the truth spoil an ad except if it was founded on bullsh1t in the first place?

Master of the Universe

Anyone here on the lookout for a Gizmondo? One on adverts for €45. Could do with a bit of a clean, but seems like a decent enough price.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/gizmondo-rare-handheld-console/13855927

this dude seems to have alot of games, vinyl, etc
    I think this is a good price
    https://www.donedeal.ie/collectibles-for-sale/nes-very-rare-boxed-mega-man-sega-retro-console/17024178

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Wh2o Pinball on donedeal for 2200. Suspicious to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Wh2o Pinball on donedeal for 2200. Suspicious to be honest

I only got your White Water joke now lol.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/17054947
    €2200 WHITE WATER PINBALL TABLE - great condition

Could be legit but that’s a great price for that condition.
    No phone number, no reply to contact I tried to make with him a couple minutes after they listed.
    There’s another pinball with green legs beside it in the photos, also I recognise that room from someone’s photos, I can’t think who/where though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not so much bargains, but I threw up two consoles that might interest collectors (given their editions and condition). The usual Adverts tax has been applied, though they're hard to price as is! - http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-94789/status_active/type_all

Advertisement