Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say but can't

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Saoirse ronan, michael fastbender and Liam need on are NOT Irish.

Whatever about the other two, Liam Neeson is definitely Irish. He's from Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

“Pad kid poured curd pulled cold.”

I just can't say it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would like to say to a friend/relation - stop obsessing about money and despite all the times I helped you out money wise by giving you a lot of money while you waited to be paid, you would obsess over a fiver and you make me feel like you care more about my money than you do about me.
    I know this isn't the case but that is how it can feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

endacl wrote: »
    “Pad kid poured curd pulled cold.”

I just can't say it.

:(
    Why would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

you're so vain, you probably think this post is about you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

*something passive aggressive against someone who may be reading this*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lord of the rings is a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Eyjafjallajökull

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It's the time of year for it. 3 things for me I'd love to say to various friends or family members, but can't for reasons of tactfulness or cowardice.

1. Your gifts are crap. You have a budget of about a fiver. The tat is picked with half a nano-second of thought. If I'd wanted a particular book or CD, I'd have bought it myself by now don't you think?

2. Don't tell me about your kids. I don't fuggin' care. They may be the world to you - God, I hope they are - but I couldn't care less about their scrapes, schooling or headlice. I swear to God I can feel myself losing the will to live even as you list their scholastic achievements.

3. Facebook is not an emotional convalescence home. Your parent died. Mine too. You've been fearfully ill. Me too. The difference is I don't talk the world through every jot of the experience, harvesting sympathy and attention along the way. It's like having beggars waving stumps at you. Emotional incontinence is so messy and difficult to clear up.

That's it. For now.

To the dozens of Facebook friends who "like" the local gym, which is one of those glorified slimming class type ones...

"Lads, save hundreds of euros in gym classes, just put down the fork and go for a few runs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Die Hard was an action film coincidentally set on Christmas Eve

You'd better watch out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Thousands of Irish descending on New York for "Xmas Shopping" ! (Indo) Are these the same cheaps from the" not a pipe" "not an inch" brigade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    *something passive aggressive against someone who may be reading this*

Hey. That's what Facebook is for...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

"I understand your need for affirmation from strangers on the internet but hardly anybody is interested in the 65th thread working out your issues with Christmas, your family and Facebook."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thousands of Irish descending on New York for "Xmas Shopping" ! (Indo) Are these the same cheaps from the" not a pipe" "not an inch" brigade ?
    Sorry you lost me. The WHAT brigade?! The brigades on boards are getting more specific by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

GarIT wrote: »
    Saoirse was born in America to two Irish parents, and 4 Irish grandparents. Her parents were in America for work and returned as soon as they could get jobs in Ireland. She spent her whole time in school in Ireland. And since the age of 3 or 4 she has never resided outside the country. If she isn't Irish where is she from?

America. Sure you gave us the answer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Needles73 wrote: »
    America. Sure you gave us the answer !!

Think of it from an Americans perspective, Saoirse has never had an American relative, and has never lived in the country after the age of 4. Has no memory of the country at all before her acting career kicked off. They wouldn't call her American.

To us these people are just big names but think about it can you imagine having grown up in a place, every member of your extended family is from there, every childhood memory is from there and yet you have to hear daily about how you're not from there, you're not a part of that community and you're not wanted. It would be quite hurtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Seeks these days everyone is Irish. We spread like a virus across the net but by land instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

learn_more wrote: »
    Liam Neeson is as Irish as a pint of Guinness.

So he's English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Moderation here is shocking...
    QFT

Prince is grossly overrated. Never got the appeal of him and had to nod and smile when people who know nothing about music gave him accolades this year. David Bowie, on the other hand, is absolutely underrated. Don't play that track! Everyone knows that's great already. Play an unknown one.

People generally don't know anything about music, except maybe the drivel on the radio these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Sorry you lost me. The WHAT brigade?! The brigades on boards are getting more specific by the day.

Water protesters Dude ! Refusing to pony up and now off on European Adventures and New York shopping in droves ....according to the Indo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Your violent alcoholism is going to ruin another Christmas and you've irreparably damaged your children and ****ed.up their childhood memories and no amount of hugging them will change that now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭hannible the cannible

To my father , who has tore my once close knit family into people who barely know each other , I hope you go back to the hole you crawled out of last march soon so we can live the rest of our lives in peace and maybe over Xmas we can repair some of the damage you have caused by your greed , alcoholism , cheating and deceit , somebody told me the other day I'm nothing like my father and for that I'm eternally thankful

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Water protesters Dude ! Refusing to pony up and now off on European Adventures and New York shopping in droves ....according to the Indo.

I think they are mixing them up with TD's around Patrick's Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

If an Irish fella posted this sort of video about the Nintendo Classic Mini he would be ostracized by the all the Nintendo Irish fan base online and in the street:

https://youtu.be/H2FPtJc5JWc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's it - I'm retiring as of today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭Galway_Old_Man

1 - You really need to give up weed. It's destroyed various friendships of yours and I fear ours is next. Take a good long look at all you've dropped because of it over the past ten years. Was/Is it worth it?

2 - You're a contrarian for the sake of it. It's fine but maybe ease up a bit.

3 - You've been there for me through so much, I love you man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Will you close the door
    Stop saying 'bye' 15 times at the end of a phone call
    Stop finding fault in everything
    Grow up a bit, you're not 15 any more
    Fair City is not real

If there's a hole in your case as an OP in consumer issues, you will will likely get a reply that you won't like......

Now, if the reply has'nt been posted by this boardsie, this particular individual will always THANK the reply.

;););):D

Culture clash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Didas

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Saoirse ronan, michael fastbender and Liam need on are NOT Irish.

Neeson born and raised in County Antrim

Ronan born in NY to Irish parents, lived in Ireland since she was three

Fassbender born in Germany with an Irish mother, lived in Ireland since he was two

They're all Irish

Advertisement