Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon flooding action?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

recedite wrote: »
    Forest fires as well. Just shows that even in the whest the ground must be bone dry, and we're only at the start of the summer.

The politicians still seeing water as a limitless commodity though. Like Nero, playing the fiddle. Until the capital city actually runs dry, and then they will run around like headless chickens.

The weather has always been fairly unpredictable in Ireland, but some years July turns out to be our wettest month. I think in Cork we nearly get a mini monsoon season instead of a summer most years. It's only mismanagement that will lead to water shortages here in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Been wet this past week alright, but my (virtual) money is still on a drought later in the summer.
    You could say that supplying free treated water to people is a form of mismanagement, by definition. The EU are certainly saying it.

Advertisement